DAMNIT, I did it again

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by DirtymikeTDB, Feb 7, 2009.

1. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

So, let me start with a thanks to the guys that helped me up. I am not sure your screen names here, But Thanks. Seriously, you guys helped me up, made sure I wasnt dead. I appriciate that. And its official the wrist is refractured, no racing for me tommorrow, but I will be back in two weeks to show how its done, So Adrian, you get a pass this round!!!

Now on to wat happened, Along the very end of the wall, you have the last little rochie shoot, then you have that left turn, and the quick right leading to the new little rock drop towards the finish line. Well, I am pretty damn good at this section, and I was moving fast, came into the shoot, hit the left, hipped it a bit to slam the right, like I always do, and damnit I washed out just a touch, and found the one Damned rock inbetween the last turn, and the new little drop.

For those that saw, you guys already know it was absolutly brutal, took that wonderfully Jagged rock to the chest, at a rather hi rate of speed. Good news, is I had my wonderfull new EVS chest protector on. And all you folks were laughing at me about how burly my protection was.... Who is laughing now....... Seriously, As I was going down, all I could think was ...Damnit, I am really going to be breaking ribs badly this time... And when I was all over, I didnt feel the pain of broken ribs, I took a breathe.... Dam I didnt think I would even be able to do that..... So My overgrown EVS Ballistic ultraX jersey did its job exceptionally.

Seriously, If I was wearing my old 661 suit, I would be sitting at the hospital wit alot of broken ribs, and probably a sternum as well.

Ok sorry about the long story about the chest protection, on to the rest. After getting up, I tried taking my loves off, and DAMNIT, shooting pain all through the left wrist, and the first thought I had was...Damnit, not again.....Got the gloves off, Got some help from<Insert screen name here>to get the armor off, and get the bike loaded. Got the icepack from the wonderfull wonderfull folks putting the race on, THEN..... getting ready to leave, In pain, driving with one hand.... I back into a friggin tree..... Destroyed my tailgate. Well got home, unloaded the truck, took the now mangled tailgate off, drove to ER for confirmation, and Doc says, "How many times have you fractured the same spot?".... I said...."Thats not the best way to tell someone they broke there wrist...." We laughed, I answer with "...I lost count, its either four or five now"

So, fracture on the head of the outside bone.....DOnt ask me, I just look at pictures of bones.....little damn hairline Bull crap.

So no racing for me tommorrow, but I will be there to cheer on the team, and anyone else that passes me along the way!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!:beer:

2. BFloFoxRider.

BFloFoxRider. Active Member

Army
    any cool pics or anything? :wave:
    sorry to hear that. tahts another STR member on the injured list.
    will you still be there to yell at people to pedal?

3. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

There never seems to be Photogs when I crash. Yeah I will be there making noise tommorrow.

4. slayer

slayer New Member

sucks for sure. hope it heals fast!!

5. Vince

Vince New Member

Plumber
    Home Page:
    Sorry to hear the news#-oI know the rock you are speaking of but were you going to drop off or turn when you washed?When did this happen ?

6. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    Mike - that sucks! That little rock drop at the end is kinda fun, but it's amazing how any little mistake can end badly. I saw a KHS pro go OTB very hard at an easy section up top. Wow - heal fast, see ya tomorrow.

7. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

I bet sharky could fix that. seems she makes everyone else crash...

bummer about the wrist though. heal up quick, and consider some of the 661 wrist braces. I tried one on at the last race, and there were pretty cool looking (and comfy/functional too). I was considering one for a messed up left wrist of mine.

8. Dynamatt

Dynamatt Ride or Die

Prop Maker
    Home Page:
    Sorry to hear brother heal up fast!!!!

9. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Its not the rock you drop off, it right directly after you make the left, then te immedeate right. its the only rock there. it hurt me.

10. Adrian

Adrian foesnasty no more....

dude, if you didn't want to race me tommorrow, you should have just got your money back... All jokes aside, healing vibes sent your way.....

11. skate

skate Member

Only way to heal that wrist up is to do rehab. And painting up and down the fontucky wall should heal it up real quick.

Sucks about the wrist. I know what section you speak of because I've crashed there myself.

12. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

So, apparently, the doctors were trying to get ahold of me since about eleven. So I came home, sat around for an hour before I checked messages....... Two breaks and a get your ass down here now.......Your in need of a cast before you get nerve damage.

Two weeks minimum for the cast, out for the next race as well. So we will go from there. I will be there cheering again though

13. art23rockpile

art23rockpile Minus Delta T

Cabinet/Furniture/Door Maker
    Sorry to hear about your crash, Mike. Good thing you were wearing the armor! Hope your wrist heals up quickly.

On my third run yesterday, I had just turned onto the advanced route, and into the first rock garden, crashed.
    Aside from pulling out a brake line and crimping my rear derailleur housing it wasn't too bad. Luckily I had just bought a p-suit from Vince. There were tears in my jersey on the back and elbow. The spine protecor had scrapes in the middle and tailbone areas.

No matter what anyone else thinks, I know for a fact that armor can minimize the severity of a crash.

14. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Ouch, dude I would never in a million years figured out you crashed there.

15. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Yeah no shit, I wouldnt in a million years imagine anyone else ever crashing there again.

Shit happens.

16. kylieava

kylieava New Member

Landscape Contractor
    Hey Dustin,
    hope you heal up soon! It was me-Michael, my brother Dale and our friend Don watching you, when you crashed. That was one of the scariest hits i've seen in a long! Folks out there, its was brutal! Super fast "superman"
    chest first into a upright rock. At the time, I thought for sure "dirty" had a broken sternum. Guy layed there like he'd been hit by a shotgun. He said his chest feft fine, he showed us chest protector, but in the same breath said "but my wrist is broken" Whoa, that was heavy S@#T!

17. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

This cast is pissing me off.

18. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

Donny had a good idea: stash a spare j-bend spoke in there. good for scratching, but the wide end doesn't tear up the skin.

but yeah, broken bones would be so much better without casts. I almost never shower with one because it's such a pain in the arse...

19. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Im married, i get a nightly sponge bath, at least there is that part that rocks

20. bluefirepictures

bluefirepictures Almost Local Rider/Photog

Home Page:
    Can you ride with it?

...If its not raining.