Construction Closure for Black Star Mon-Fri

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by genusmtbkr5, Nov 23, 2011.

1. D man

D man Ride til u smile

I haven't been back since my last trip, but i'm itching to go ride B*. If they are on (there spoken) schedule this should be the week for the 3rd bridge and it most likely will be closed. But if some one wants to check it out I would appreciate it.

2. D man

D man Ride til u smile

Rode B* tonight and just wanted to let people know it is open and passable on week days now. I don't know if it is open during the day as it looks like there is still some construction going on, but evening or later rides are good.

3. SXP

SXP Member

Electrical Engineer
    On Friday (1/27), at 4:30 am (trying out my TrailTech HID light), the gate had a big sign in front saying it was closed to pedestrian and bike traffic. I detoured to Maple Springs instead. The trail was open for use the next day (Saturday) when I rode Neil's Saturday Path ride. All the bridges had steel plates over them. Based on D Man's report above, it sounds like they are not restricting weekday traffic anymore.

4. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX

He did a night ride so D Man probably headed out there after the crews stopped work for the day. In the orginal post, construction work was between 7am-3:30pm.

5. dcrfx

dcrfx Member

Last Thurs 1/26 talked to a mtnbiker at Cooks around 10am. He had been to B* but said it was closed so was at Cooks to do STT. Not sure how long that will be the case during the day... --Dave

6. D man

D man Ride til u smile

The steel plates are still covering the transitions from the bridges to the road which leeds me to believe that there is work happening during day time hours, So I would be uncertain of weekday closures or passability. I saw it was open so I hurried through the gate, sorry I didn't look at the signs to closely just to see if the CLOSED sign was in place or not. its gone. The bridges are rebuilt wich was the reason for the complete closure the last few weeks.