Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by zioncoming79, Dec 14, 2012.

1. zioncoming79

zioncoming79 Old Man Dead

a business bank SVP
  2. WC-Rider

WC-Rider New Member

This is sad!!!! Children are dead.

3. mtbomeez

mtbomeez New Member

This is terrible. Words lack in a situation like this. So heartbreaking.

4. Sicky T

Sicky T New Member

Manufacturing Planner
    I pray for the families and all the lost children! My heart mourns for the Father and Mother hearing this news of there child being killed! All we can do is lift these families up in prayer.

5. zioncoming79

a business bank SVP
    Amen, Tim.

6. danmtchl

danmtchl danmtchl

Aera Energy LLC- Mailguy
    This is so sad for everyone involved, extremely heartbreaking. My wife and kids are in school and it worries me on a daily basis, especially when I hear things like this.

7. me and my bike

me and my bike New Member

man of many trades
  8. CarbonLegs

CarbonLegs Search for ultimate ride.

Moto Tech
    Very Horrific and tragic..

9. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

10. geek

geek Member

11. scottywc

scottywc New Member

Graphic Designer
    Both are topics tHat need to be addressed. There is technology that would render a gun useless unless the owner is holding and the NRA killed it. And mental illness is never addressed or talked about...for some reason it's too taboo.

12. zman

zman WTF ?

Gun laws are made to protect the law abiding people against law abiding people
    these laws do nothing for the shady people

fyi, just spotted this:

"The vehicle the suspect drove to the school was registered to his mother. Sources told Fox News the guns used in the shooting were owned by and legally registered to Nancy Lanza."

Thinking she did not have a gun safe, or, if she did the kid had access?

13. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    I don't think any of the rational gun control laws that have been suggested would have stopped this mother from owning two handguns. The genie is out of the bottle regarding guns in the U.S., so it'll be pretty hard to put him back. Or to put the toothpaste back in the tube if you like mixed metaphors.

I fear for my own child and for society when we have so many de-sensitized, numb, troubled people walking around who are attracted to this "blaze of glory" exit strategy. Very similar to suicide bombers, (but without the constant external dogma telling them to do it). Better to leave this world as the subject of a major news story than to live your life in tormented obscurity. As we approach 12/21/12 - I wonder if we will get more people crazy enough to think "well, it's all going to end anyway, so I might as well take some people out with me." Shiver....

If the a##hole who did this did not have easy access to those weapons, would he have found a way to do it anyway? We have no idea. Let the speculation begin. I do know there will be a number of crazies who think the solution is to arm everybody so that when such a thing happens, some clear-thinking genius/hero can take him out and minimize damage. Can't see any potential disaster in that kind of thinking...(extreme sarcasm).

My thoughts and prayers for the victims and families of this latest tragedy. Seeing those children and thinking about what that classroom must have looked like makes my heart break and makes me seethe in anger.

14. McG715

McG715 Active Member

Software Sales Executive
    I agree with herzalot and we can speculate to no end.. and in a forum like this there will be as many for as there will be against any stance related to any form of gun control.. to me if you're mentally off enough you will find a way to take people out if that is your end goal.. now that being said, the fact that these were all his mother's guns, it certainly didn't make the access too difficult. I just read that this morning as far as the guns go.. I was wondering where he got his hands on all the weapons so easily.. now we know.. apparently mom had an easily accessible small gun collection she didn't keep locked away from her mentally disturbed kid..

15. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    Maybe society needs to stop seeing how far we can push the 'envelope' in shock value, e.g., movies, video games, literature, TV, media, etc...

When such a large portion of society are wide-eyed followers and so few truly understand consequences. A focus on caring for humanity, and the priority is off of me and placed back to 'a part of the whole' -- hope.

The pictures taken from a quarter of mile away with a long lens of a parent/persons most private moment of disparaging grief is disgusting - these people will have to live with these images of that moment relived. The interviews of parents with their small children around them (not sure if it was theirs - as I blaze through the channels) what are you teaching your kids - for 15 minutes of TV face-time fame??

What are people watching for?? Gore?? more scenes?? relive the nightmare instead of getting on with the healing? Fortunately there was the image of a girl that ABC7 posted on FB, there was so much backlash they pulled the image with a note you could view on their home page. YEAH! This is reminiscent to 9/11 with those choosing to jump, it was the public backlash that stopped the airing of this.

And now it's a gun law debate? The spoon did not make Rosie O'Donnell fat - neither did her genes, or that someone left the lock off the fridge. This is a HUMANITY issue, ALL people - near and far can have an impact directly on your life, and each and every one of those lives are just as valuable as yours in the grand scheme of things.

Ugh - speechless...

Privacy, respect and compassion, so rare these days...

16. zioncoming79

a business bank SVP
    I own a hand gun to keep predators from harming my family in our home. More gun control is only a Band-aid to a deeper issue. Violence in society is a result of the breakdown of the family unit, lack of parenting, and moral relativity (i.e. no absolute truths, Godless culture, good and evil are only opinions, etc.)

If you outlaw guns, then only outlaws will own them.

17. SeanC

SeanC Active Member

Well, this happened, on the same day I think it was . . .

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/asia/china-knife-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_bn2

so yeah, if a crazy person wants to go attack kids at a school, they may very well do it with whatever weapon they can.

The issue is more about mentally unstable people . . .

on a side note: do you think the framers of the constitution considered people like Lanza, Seng-Hui Cho, Harris and Klebold, Charles Roberts, or any of these people
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States
    to be part of "a well-regulated militia?"

18. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

Slow down now SeanC nobody figures mental illness into a constitution .....

19. ebenke

ebenke Member

Project Director, architecture, technical side
    I couldn't watch media coverage. I watched Pres. Obama as he responded and spoke like a father. It's tragic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (sucks)

20. suicidesam

suicidesam New Member

I feel really bad for the parents that lost their children...Xmas has forever changed their lives. There ain't nothing merry about to come in the next week or so.

May god bless their souls and may they rest in peace.