Coldwater Trail

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by royta, Apr 11, 2006.

1. royta

royta New Member

Electrician
    Five of us climbed Indian Truck Trail and Main Divide up to the top of Upper Holy Jim last Saturday. We took Coldwater Trail down. Coldwater is an amazing trail, but unfortunately about four miles into the trail, it diverts away from the original trail, and takes a new line. This new line is steep, ridiculously steep. It is already starting to get rutted, and by this time next year, will be one nasty scar in the side of Santa Ana's. I would like to get the original trail re-opened and am trying to get a feel for those who might be interested in taking part of this action.

Please see the the thread I started on mtbr a couple weeks ago, HERE. Post #92 has a link to a .gpx file that I have uploaded showing where the original trail is, and where the new trail starts.

Anyway, I have posted a lot of information in that thread, and am hoping many of you can take the time to read it. Even better, I'm hoping many are willing to help in any way whatsoever to get this truly amazing trail re-opened, properly and legally.

2. dukethenuke

dukethenuke Faster than you

Sales
    Home Page:
    royta i would be willing to help out re-clearing the original trail

3. royta

royta New Member

Electrician
    Sounds great. I sent you a PM with my ideas on how this will go through smoothly.