Chris King Headset Installation

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by chanson, Oct 26, 2008.

1. HUGH

HUGH Mashers Only !!

I burn metal
    LOSER!! How do you even get out of bed in the morning:?:?? Sheesh.....

HUGH
    :)

Oh I have a brand new Wheel Smith Tension Meter for sale if you are interested. It will make you feel better about yourself!

2. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

Grease is the word.

Grease is the word is the way.

Haven't you seen the movie grease?

#1 Prevents Creaking
    #2 Prevents Seizing = nothing wrong with preventative maintenance right?

Based on facts no opinions.

But I was only suggesting it. People can install hs dry all day with a hammer and a brick for years and never have a problem.

I never said anything was wrong with what he was doing. I am happy he used the correct tool to press it in with but I wouldn't even have said anything if he was using all thread and some washers.

If my suggestions don't help I can keep them to myself.
    I do 90% of the time anyways.
    I never Flame anyone.
    I offer help . What more can I do?:?:

Lee offers suggestions and he has solid advise.
    His tool of choice question was valid and not meant to be a flame. He spoke my mind. I was thinking the same thing.

Multi tools are made of a different standard of tool steel than shop tools. They are also really bulky and hard to hold on to. The other alan wrenches are flipping out hitting everything while you are using it.
    Many times you end up dropping it on your frame and scratching it.

I think the additional advice should be looked at like a collaboration of str know how to make any bike related repair become easier.

:clap:

3. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Yeah, it's probably a good idea that you don't. If anyone is so sensitive that they can't take constructive criticism or possibly learn something, they shouldn't open themselves up to it.

Some people sure are sensitive these days!

BTW, the OP didn't complain about our comments, he only commented on why he did some of the things he did.:clap: It's many of the others that seem to suffer from being overly sensitive.

4. station

station Is this thing on?

Hey, good post! I've done the same process with a split pipe to take out the old headset and a bolt and washers to put the new one in. It's nice to see it done with pro tools though.

5. chanson

chanson doepicshit.

Web Designer
    Agreed! :beer:

6. guero

guero iFroth

i am suffering from being sick of your 'know it all' attitude and condescending tone on just about everyone of your posts. who the eff cares what kind of multi-tool that the OP used to do this, or his captions weren't up to your standards, seriously dude...

7. guero

guero iFroth

i agree jason, and was not referring to your input, as it is always appreciated and delivered in a HELPFUL (not condescending) manner...

8. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Wow! Sorry to hear about your suffering. Keep in mind that it's just a message board where people share their comments and opinions.

You have two choices: ignore me or ban me.

9. KBL

KBL Powered by chocolate

Ever been to

www.pirate4x4.com ?

When STR gets as ugly as that message board, it will be time to kill STR. Thankfully, we're not there just yet.

10. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

The clashing personalities on STR are what make it so interesting.

Lee plays no favorites and tells it like it is. He has called me out plenty of times.
    Like me I think that people get my personality and many times they don't. My humor can be lame to some and funny to others.
    I didn't understand Lee completely until I met him in person. Constructive yet abrasive and it only comes across that way because forums have no emotion. It sometimes sounds cut and dry that makes information sound like it has a the I know everything and you don't. People type the minimum information to get the point across sometimes leaving out the parts that show other options or opinions.

After meeting Lee who is the nicest guy. It helped me see other peoples prospective of me. I also speak my mind in effort to help sometimes without thinking about wording it nicely.

I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't think it applied.

I think this calls for another STR party so everyone can hang out see that we are not all smart asses. When is STR birthday again? Last year it was fun.
    This time I think it will have to be a larger place though.