Chino Hills-Vesuvius Question

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by OTHRIDER, Nov 20, 2009.

1. OTHRIDER

OTHRIDER Active Member

Machinist
    I'm looking to add a few miles to my Chino Hills ride tomorrow morning and I haven't been to the park since well before the fires.

I'd like to try the Vesuvius take off point and cross over the dam to Carbon Canyon Regional.

Does anyone know if it still legal to ride across the dam?

Do you go to the right or left as you cross Valencia?

Thanks in advance. :clap:

2. Lone ranger

Lone ranger Guest

Bike trail starts there . Short climb then down across the park.watch for traffic on rose people run the light there.

3. OTHRIDER

OTHRIDER Active Member

Machinist
    Once I took the time to cross the road, there was a well placed sign and all was good. The extra mile added a nice warm-up. I was surprised that the nice canopy on Telegraph survived with just some burnt leaves. I met a friendly couple at Four-Corners and talked during our break.

I said "hi" to every MTB'r I saw and only two (out of maybe 20) said anything in return. :-k (maybe they were mad they got their tootsies wet in the puddle? :?:).

The joggers all said hello back to me. Next time, I'll get an early start and do the old Northridge climb to begin my ride.

4. Lone ranger

Lone ranger Guest

I have never had a bad vibe in the 20 plus years i've riden there . There used to be lots of bobcats in the park.Always saw the same ones in about the same place. tarantulas galore ,tranaula hawks and lots of birds of prey. It's good to see the park recovering in the short time since the fire.