Chino Hills State Park

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by alanmeyer, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ducatirider2

ducatirider2 Beer talks, people mumble

GM at Ducati/ Triumph Newport Beach, investor at N
    It's about 20' across and about a 20' drop. It looks like there is about 2' of trail left, but the trail is barricaded off.

2. darazon

darazon CANUSA

Student Doctor
    I snapped a couple of pics when I was up there last Saturday. It is nice and green, but there is a lot of overgrowth. Bane ridges was good, with a little overgrowth -not too bad though. I also did East Fence Line, which was terribly overgrown -see pics below.

I'll be there again Saturday morning.... hopefully...

Attached Files:

3. bosco

bosco New Member

Operations Director
    Three B*tches

Final made my way to 4 corners this afternoon. Now I know why it's called Three B*tches, I b*tched all the way (even when walking) :lol: Though it was a very nice day to ride. It was fun coming back down.

BTW, the paramedics, fire & rangers were assisting someone (rider I believe,as the rangers had a mtb in the back of their truck). Anyone know what happened, are they okay? :?:

4. airone1

airone1 New Member

Hey bosco, was that around 11:30ish this morning? If so, it was a female rider that went down hard coming from south ridge towards four corners. Myself and two friends rolled up on her and her husband at four corners shortly after it happen. One of friends is a ER nurse, so he checked her out. He said it looked like she might of fractured her clavicle. She was in pain, but she was one tough cookie.

5. Punk Sanders

Punk Sanders Member

shipping/receiving clerk-no reality tv show deal y
    Glad to hear she was in stable condition. It was great to be back in the park again after 2 months. My buddy AJ and I headed thru the Sapphire gate at 7:45. We did a leisurely ride on Bane Ridge, talking and taking pictures. On the final hill down to the equestrian area, I heard a woosh and my front tire went flat. I walked it down to a picnic table to fix the leak. No such luck. The valve stem was ripped half off and I don't carry a spare tube. I will from now on. AJ rode out of the park to get his truck and come back for me. I just sat there, took pictures of bunnies, and said hello to passing riders. Aj picked me up and we went back to my house for French Toast. Good times.

6. bosco

bosco New Member

Operations Director
    It was about 2-2:30 when I rolled by that area heading to 4 corners, and the ranger was just coming to the end of South Ridge. The paramedics were waiting for them, they rolled out a gurney when the ranger arrived. A bunch of Boy Scouts were right behind. A bit scary as a couple of them looked out of control coming down the hill.

Hope the woman is okay, and gets checked out.

7. portlypeddler

portlypeddler Active Member

under a bridge
    Park is overgrown; stick to fire roads! Unless you enter the Main entrance(bane cyn.) some single track barely rideable, some sectione a wee bit more.

I did the Carbon Cyn. to the other end of park and back and I know it aint all that. Santa Ana Mtns. anytime baby.

Dang.....I used to enjoy this place,oh well.:beer:

Steve

8. ThatsRight07

ThatsRight07 New Member

I started chino hills state park today. I road raptor and it was overgrown yet rideable. It was kinda hard to see the trail sometimes couldnt even see the trail(well the ground) but the path is still there and can be riddin.

9. portlypeddler

under a bridge
    Just imagine if there were no weeds and you could just let it rip at your own pace though; yeah, it's sooooo much different. :bang:

Glad you got out and had some fun and may it cont.

Steve:beer:

10. Margaritaman

Margaritaman It's just tequila...

Sales
    Not riding the overgrown single track only lets it grow more and makes it worse. Man up and take the weeds to the face and help clear the trail...:bang:.

11. portlypeddler

under a bridge
    Obviously, you aren't doing your part!

I'm not confined to this park,have your fill amigo and have another margarita.:drunk:

12. checksix

checksix Member

The ranger didn't even know about this injury until I found him, an ambulance and the fire department hauling someone out from Lower Aliso. I think that gal was waiting for a couple of hours because I was up there with them for about half an hour.

And yes, Raptor was not fun to ride today.

13. sxc70

sxc70 2bz4wrk

bike rider
    after the fires these trails are going to grow back with a vengeance i'v done plenty of trail maintenance in chino and can tell you from experience that the trails are going to be unrideable after this week with all the rain and the hot weather the tall grass will keep you from seeing the trail and the mustard seed weed will be wiping you right in the face and its no fun...

if we want to keep riding chino hills we will need to do a trail maintenance group and help each other keep the trails rideable.

14. bosco

bosco New Member

Operations Director
    How bad was he injured? Doing okay?

15. airone1

airone1 New Member

I'm sure that's the same gal my friends and I stopped and helped around 11:30. When we rode off 911 had been called and she was with her husband and other riders. I advised the park ranger (about 11:45 - 11:50) at Carbon Canyon Park about the injuried woman at four corners. That's wrong that it took that long for emergency services to get to her. Thank goodness it wasn't a more serious injury.

16. ThatsRight07

ThatsRight07 New Member

I saw emergency services heading up around 11:30 I doubt it took them 2 1/2 hours to get to four corners I think you guys might be talking about two different people.

17. checksix

checksix Member

This is what is strange; I asked the maintenance people at the headquarters and they knew about the injury at Four Corners. When I ran into the ranger at Lower Aliso around 11, they were hauling someone out from there. He knew nothing about the the Four Corners' incident. He brought in another ambulance for her around 12.

Fortunately the injury wasn't more serious.

She landed on her head and shoulder, but the shoulder took the brunt of the fall. She was in pretty good spirits. I glad I ran into the ranger. When we were up there, we would hear engines, but they were probably the planes flying overhead.

18. alanmeyer

alanmeyer Off-Road Tri Wanna-be

19. Lizardterd

Lizardterd Member

Ya...I entered from carbon canyon park and planned to ride up north ridge. The trail is marked closed and about 100 yards up is the hole, wonder how long before that is fixed?
    [​IMG]

20. TrailBlaza

TrailBlaza New Member

Everyone is just going around the sickhole. No biggie. I saw at least 10 walkers and 4 riders that were going around it (including me)