Can't think of a witty tittle

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Steve C, May 13, 2008.

1. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    OK, 6'5" here, currently 270lbs, (down from 299.9lbs last June... seriously :) ) and I ride a 21" Giant Reign. The Giant will handle your 'size' just fine. I only run 190psi to maybe 210psi in the rear air shock (Manitou Swinger Air).

I put a Manitou Swinger 4-way Air on my previous bike that required me to run 280psi to 300psi. Manitou said "no problem" and they were right. It even rode better than the coil Vanilla shock it replaced.

I think the Trance X is a fine choice for trail riding and that's the reason they are selling a grip of them, but it's a good idea to ride as many bikes as possible to find the one that feels best to you.

And... :welcome:

2. ChariotsOfTires

ChariotsOfTires Fenceline/Hewhobendspoles

Help Desk Analyst
    Ah!!! Someone with experience...What he said!!!!!!

3. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    If I became a cop I would want to carry the old school police revolver one set of cuffs, bad arse billy club and a old school LAPD hat. I also would have to start using the phrase "I am going to cuff them and stuff them". I actually tried to become a LAPD cop and I did not pass their psych examination. :?: :-k 8-[

4. Steve C

Steve C Team Sausages 2012

Special projects manager
    well i'm not skilled enough on vbulletin to make one of those massive quote reply quote reply etc on one page.

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

I rode a 2006 kona coiler delux over at path and i am a little enbarased to say this but while riding it around in the parking lot i snapped the chain and went over the handle bars. Luckly i am 1/4 ninja and 3/16's cat so i landed safely on my feet. The bike is a great price though. Maybe i should go take a look at it again.
    So is the consensus that i am too fat for the trance? (at least the suspension and hub)

again thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

I really need to make up my mind and get out on the trail!

5. Red Hot Sloth

Red Hot Sloth Banned

6. OldDogDan

OldDogDan Member

I don't think there's a consensus...270lb Jeffj said go for the Giant. They're considered a great value, you like the ride and the looks (we want to say that shouldn't matter, but honestly, I think it does to all bike owners). And that shop took time and treated you well. I'd say you've found a bike and a shop that will both make you happy. Get riding! Happy trails!

7. Steve C

Special projects manager
    thanks for the reply!

I was also looking at the reign 2. It is around the same price as the trance x2 and is more all mountain.

I think that's what i want. I'll have to go down and ride it around the block

8. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    Hey Joe I was thinking if I became a cop we can become partners you know like Ponch and John. Naturally I will be Ponch and I will be the good cop and you play the bad cop during the interview process of the perps. You will threaten them with the phone book and tell them dood you better start talking now or your going to be Bubba's biach in Chino. Then I will come in with a coke and say a nice glazed donut and say hey listen my brother I am on your side here. I know how it was to be your age, listen my man talk to me get it off your chest I will see to it that DA goes easy on you for your honesty. I can see that. What do you think?

9. northshore

northshore Active Member

It's a gig...
    :welcome: and you forgot to mention you enjoy romantic walks along the beach, gardening, and reading. :lol: Joking! :beer:

10. Steve C

Special projects manager
    yeah every time you do one of those intro deals it always sounds like you are filling out an eharmony ad or doing an AA meeting.

11. Alex

Alex Crank it out

Student, Tutor
    :welcome: to STR!