Call for action!

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by sdyeti, Dec 7, 2008.

1. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

This is primarily for SD area folks, but if you know someone into DH/FR down here, please pass it on...

Was talking with Richard Julian today at the SDMBA trailwork. (Rich is the guy who's built much of the trail at La Costa)...

SDMBA is trying to recruit more members of the DH/FR community to help out with building a case for the skills parks, etc that SDMBA is in the planning stages for at Mission Trails (and maybe in the future...Balboa).

Joining SDMBA is a great start, but they will be needing people to eventually get out there and dig too. One of the concerns is that the number of DH/FR folks who belong to SDMBA could definitely increase...going in front of the City Council, etc and telling them that there are LOTS of DH/FR folks who belong to SDMBA and are taking part in the organization REALLY helps their case for building more trails, getting skills parks built, etc.

Please go to www.sdmba.com and become a member. Or, maybe ask for a membership for a holiday gift.

Also, they are looking for folks to be involved with the Bike Parks/Freeride/DH Committee. The email address is [email protected].

Meetings are the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7 pm at Mission Trails. Next meeting is 12/17.

Thanks! With your help, SD will have some awesome facilities.

2. art23rockpile

art23rockpile Minus Delta T

Cabinet/Furniture/Door Maker
    Steph, i'd like to get involved to some degree as this sounds like a worthwhile endeavor. As I live in OC, joining SDMBA may be unrealistic, but i'll volunteer to assist with volunteer work: digging/etc. or carpentry (if this is needed). I'll use the links in your post, or you can PM me with more details.

3. guero

guero iFroth

this is a great opportunity for the san diego chapter to get involved!!! ;)

4. mcinvale

mcinvale New Member

I dunno, internet?
    Home Page:
    already a sdmba member, not super into dh, but willing to help setup some new trails. :)

5. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

There is more trailwork going on next weekend (Sat @ Sycamore/Gooden Ranch), and then again on Jan 10th at La Costa.

We fixed up part of the Crest Trail in Daley today. The results are going to be fantastic once we get some rain.

I have to say...it was my 1st trailwork day with SDMBA and I was very impressed with the whole event. We had ~18-20 people helping out. The rangers were stoked on the work we did, and I'm sure the bikers will be too.

Anything you can do to get more involved would be great!

6. Thrillride

Thrillride CapturesbyCarman.com

Student at SDSU
    Cant wait for them to get the ok for the new park. I am not a member but will probably join soon. If someone was not a member though, but still wanted to build at the park I would hope they would be aloud to volunteer....