CA State DH Champ's

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by jfromlv, Jun 4, 2006.

1. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    So, I guess the heat was too much for most people this weekend, as it was a pretty small turnout. Still great racing to be had though. This was a two run format, with your times from each run being combined for the overall, energy conservation was the key. Dirttorpedo and Cathy made their rounds this weekend as they made a showing at Fontana, as well as the 24 hour race. Great job to all of you who raced the 24 hours, I had the.....er, pleasure?... of doing my first 24 hour race in April with John, who absolutely kicks butt! Anyway, back to the downhill action where I am definitely more at home.

So in my first run I take off nicely, it was only about 97 degrees out at this time, and decide to take a close up look at the loose soil in the second turn. So I quickly picked myself up, and finished the rest of the run very nicely. After the first run I was in third, only 1.2 seconds off of first, I couldn't believe it! My second run I was super focused, and ready to go. It's about 105 degrees out, no kidding, but I drank lots of water and Cytomax. I took off, and kept telling myself to breath, and not get too wild. I was putting together a run that was really getting my hopes up, maybe second, or dare I say 1st? It was not to be, as I came into a flat, loose corner way too hot, drifted both wheels right into a wall. I didn't crash, but came to a complete stop. I ended up fourth, which I was very happy with for the mistakes that were made. To anyone who didn't make it out, you missed a great course, and really good raffle as well.

2. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

Hey Jason, great job placing 4th. It was unbearably hot out there this weekend. My race run started off great as I it every turn the way I practiced through the top section. I hit the rock table jump and the little drop and started into the loose sandy turns. I think I hit the first left turn a little too hot and hit a loose patch and went down. I immediately got up and started to get back on the bike and noticed the shoe on my right foot had come off! :mad: I tried to shove my foot back in the shoe but the toungue got in the way and by the time I got it on, 2 riders behind me had passed me and my race was done. I finished out the run and got a bandage for the nice gash I got from the pedal on my left leg. Since my race was done I didn't bother to do a 2nd run and called it a day.

3. RIDE 2 LIVE

RIDE 2 LIVE fritz the dog

SELF EMPLOYED
    GOOD JOB JAYSON! sounds like you were relly close to getting a 1st place! man was it hot everywhere or what? how did joe do? the heat kept a lot of people indoors over the weekend for sure! GOOD JOB DUDE!:D

4. CC

CC V.P. Kickstand Inspection

unemployed, Sales Exec for a Steel company
    Fontana

5. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student

6. dirttorpeedo

dirttorpeedo drive monkey, drive!

maint. for a oversized school district
    NICE job doods ,shooda done one myself .but...next time i'll defend my sand bagging.frank kan i use yur kickstand?

7. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

If cc allows it, she approves all kickstands. \\:D/

8. CC

Kickstand Approval

You got that right Franky. All kickstands should have the cc seal of approval!:bang:

[​IMG] = Yes

[​IMG] = No

9. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

how about?

Attached Files:

10. CC

WOW! Jose, that's your new kickstand...no wonder you ONLY (haha) did 5 laps at the 24Hrs of OC. It looks like your kickstand hit every rut and rock on that trail. :lol:

Your kickstand is out of spec....Unprofessionally speaking of course:read:
    [​IMG]

11. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

hmmm :-k

Attached Files: