Brown Mountain Fire Road Gettin' some dozer love today...

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by JoeTruth, Feb 28, 2008.

1. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

I rode Brown Mtn. to the top (Ken Burton TH) today. Past the first saddle, there was grading going on. The first 1/2, really really nice grading and then the soft stuff that your back tire just plummets into begins. Still a really nice job and very fresh. At the top, a ranger in a truck and the bulldozer driver were taking a lunch break (12:30'ish). I talked to them briefly. They started @ Millard and groomed all the way up to the top and were about to start to head back down and do the lower portion of Brown leading into the Arroyo. As I took-off, they fired-up the dozer and were already making their way down. Them guys are fast!
    Overall, a good grooming job without completely destroying everything. some parts were hardly touched. I thanked the driver for doing a good job and headed down to EP (cleaned it). Nice conditions, a little hazy today, thus why you couldn't quite see Catalina but still gorgeous out. Have fun and lookout for a big yell dozer coming down!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TooManyTacos

TooManyTacos Or Not Enough

Hey, I was there today too! From about 9:30-11--had to head back down the fireroad because my hub decided to go out. Did you pass me going up? I had to walk my bike up the pavement back to the parking lot.

I hadn't been there in quite awhile and noticed that there seemed to be some rockslides and stuff that really narrowed the fireroad. Guess they took care of that!

3. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Yeah, I think I remember you. I saw you on the paved section (I think). You were walking your bike and were on the phone wearing some big sunglasses. I believe we exchanged a subtle "hello". Cool!

4. TooManyTacos

TooManyTacos Or Not Enough

Haha, my throwback Oakley Razorblades!

Great day for a ride, huh?

5. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

yeah, awesome day to ride!

6. TKCastle

TKCastle New Member

Designer
    Sweet! We are riding up Brown to millard tomorrow (6pm-ish.)Anyone else night riding?

Mike.