broken bmx'er pics/day 3 picture

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by TeamDEKEbmx, Jul 28, 2008.

1. mtnbikerfred

mtnbikerfred Super Moderator

I sell industrial power transmission and motion co
    Oh Dear.

Danny, You have our prayers for a fast recovery.

2. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Active Member

Auto inspection
    I hear ya Joe,but i will never live my life in fear.Yes I have kids to take care of,but should I stop living the life I have?I do what I do ;and the risk is there.However, I will not stop Doing what I live for. I hope I can instill that in my kids.Responsibility does not entail passion.I don't ever want my kids to think giving up is an option.Yes, i will be going to work tomorrow!

3. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

Threads merged.

4. ODB

ODB Team Sting-Ray

Welcome to the club.;) Hope you heal quickly and have a full recovery.

5. XCMike

XCMike Doing the 29er thing

Home Page:
    #-o Heal quick Danny!!!

6. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Danny, when you went up the face of the jump (just before the first turn), and the back end of your bike launched up into the air, the crowd took a deep breath. Everyone knew it wasn't going to come out good. About 6 or 7 of us rushed toward you before you even finished falling.

When you were sitting there, you looked reasonably fine, with the exception of your left shoulder sagging. You did have somewhat of a buzzed look, but mostly OK.

It was really cool to see so many people offering whatever help they could. There were at least a half dozen people who offered to drive you whereever you needed to go. That makes me feel a lot better when I go there without Ko.

I let Tammy (the Bellflower track operator) know that you're doing fine on the Bellflower BMX thread on bmxactiononline.com
    http://bmxactiononline.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=50&func=view&catid=5&id=21368#21368

7. mouse jockey

mouse jockey i can't type the letter s

molecular researcher
    Another broken STR clavicle on the same day. Sorry to hear Dan. You're still THE Danimal to me big guy. Can I still call you THE Danimal?

:wave: (never really called him that or even met him.)

8. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to convey. Of course you shouldn't stop doing the things that bring you happiness and pleasure. And of course you should always continue to pursue your dreams. My point was, when you're 21, living at home and with no kids, you're hurting no one but yourself & really don't have any obligations, when you get hurt but when you become and adult with kids and responsibilities, your outlook on things change. It's not just about you anymore. It's about the ones who rely on you and need you. To sum it up; do everything in moderation while using common sense. Pain and suffering has a strange way of reminding you of such things. That is, right before you're about to enter the dark side and into the abyss. ;)

BTW, I have 19 Hydrocodone (out of 20 prescribed) from a surgery I had 3 months ago and I'll never use them as I don't like taking pain pills. You're welcome to them. It's a generic for Vicodin.

9. Vickie

Vickie Ride to ride again

Business Process Analyst - Aerospace
    Ouch!!

Danny,
    WOW!!! I guess I left the track too early too!!
    Sorry to hear you crashed...and are now on the injured list. Heal well and heal fast.

Vickie

10. gooseaholic

Auto inspection
    Point taken.I really dont need the pain killers.Suck it up,i asked for it.For Joe Truth.

11. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

It's tough finding the balance of self preservation and fulfillment, and no matter what anyone says, everyone will find their own balance.

I know I've shared this before, but I'll say it again. When I was 16, I had a bad BMX crash. I fractured my neck, broke my wrist (2 of 4 times), tore off the left side of my face and my left ear (yes - I had to have part of my ear sewn back on). Because of the fear of pain, I was no longer competitive in racing, and so within the next year or so, I completely dropped out of riding bikes.

Sometime in my mid 20s, I questioned myself as to why I stopped riding, and I realized that I stopped doing what I loved out of fear. That's not the way I wanted to live my life, so I started mountain biking.

Fast forward a bunch of years to 2-1/2 years ago, and I had a really bad crash on a dirt bike in a desert race. The doctor strongly suggested that I stop riding because any fall on my left wrist would likely be very bad, to the point where it may have to be fused. I have to live with that fear now. A year after that accident, I started racing DH, and another year after I started racing 4X and BMX. I'm having the time of my life, but I know if things go really bad now, I know that I ended my riding career on a high note, doing everything I ever wanted. I'm good with that.

But as they say,
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '...holy sh*t...what a ride!'"

Having said that, responsibility also includes having good medical and disability insurance as well as a good backup plan in case something does go really bad. Once you have the confidence that things can and will work out, you can then ride with confidence, further reducing your chance of injury.

Despite what people may think of how I ride, I don't ride recklessly, and I don't take unneccessary risks.

I'm sure Danny will find the balance where he is most comfortable living.

12. gooseaholic

Auto inspection
    Never stop doing what you enjoy.I just crashed,nothing more,nothing less.Time to ride that horse again.You rock lee

13. TeamDEKEbmx

TeamDEKEbmx Member

Re/Max Realtor
    Home Page:
    I am new to you Danny but I am free today& tonight if you need anything I can help out... go to the store, sort out dinner, laundry, help empty beer bottles... Let me know...

14. Bellflowerbmx

Bellflowerbmx New Member

Danny... I'm so sorry that you got hurt last night. I hope you heal quickly and are back on your bike and at the track soon. I can't believe how well you took that fall. I want to thank everyone who jumped up to help Danny. It's great to see that many people pull together and help, specially Lee. Rest up and listen to the doctors orders. Take care and hope to see you soon.
    Tammy
    Bellflower BMX

15. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

bighit8, that wasn't the drugs you were feeling. That was an earthquake.

16. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Damm Danny that sucks. I really had planned to go last night but I was still catching up from being gone all last week and then gone all this week to make it in time. Hope you heal up. Dude sleeping sucks with a broken collar bone, I know I have had one. Once you get the strap thing it help a lot. I know I had issue for about 2-3 days before it was ok. At least once they pin it and with the strap you should be able to most thing pain free.

I know about the trying to hard thing, I think thats how I almost lost it last week and why I feel faster after racing then during. I think one thing we all need to make sure we is do is take small steps. I know I got a little confidence and then tried to manual everything at the Y and then I went down.

17. gooseaholic

Auto inspection
    Thank you Tammy,and thanks for making racing available to us.:bang::clap:

18. TeamDEKEbmx

TeamDEKEbmx Member

Re/Max Realtor
    Home Page:
    Hey Danny, what did the ortho say? Pins? Surgery? what's up? We are still with you bro...

19. gooseaholic

Auto inspection
    day 3 picture

well today is the most pain yet.that and i am freakin bored as hell.I need a trainer bike or a little pet monkey.Having a pin put in tomorrow.Doc is really busy I guess.Mainly im just bored,so im gonna post whore unless some one has a monkey i can borrow.:lol::lol:
    P7300047.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2008
  20. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

4 days for a pin, its already trying to heal that sucks