BRAND NEW fox float CTD eveloution shock problem..

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by rb-digi, Oct 3, 2012.

1. rb-digi

rb-digi New Member

got a return call from the dick at fox..he says he called my LBS (after promising me he would ship a replacement and id have it by friday) to tell them that he didnt have a replacement in stock so he sent a RMA,,or some type of prepayed shipping so we could go back to just having my NEW bike be out of commission,,my LBS owner says that fox did call but they said they were shipping out a shock and that when the paperwork showed up it was a suprise to them..he(fox customer service manager) blames the bike shop ..told me he had run a bike shop for 40 years and didnt understand how things got screwed up..when reminding him of my concerns that were voiced a week ago he actually copped an attitude about having a OPEN call tag that i wasnt using and that he was eating 150$ in shipping cost to try and get my shock fixed,,he said it like a dick,i reminded him that last week he had a different story and assured me i would have the shock in my hands friday, so how can he blame that on them,i explained i spent 3400 bucks to get that bike because of the stoopid fox components and that lack of quality control was the issue, he had the nerve to cut me off when i said payed 3400 and said "NOT DIRECTLY TO ME" ..zero understanding or accountabilty for a tottal screw up on there end.he also made some rude comment about we dont just make one shock at a time in regard tot hem ever having a replacement to ship to me..if i could return the bike i would..tottaly ruined it.figured id call giant and bitch at them but giant apparently runs a company that you cant contact..no email no phone number,,from such excitement to such a crap deal..

2. Kriller134

Kriller134 Member

that sucks man. that's a lot of money to shell out only to get a defective bike. the LBS won't take it back?

3. rodgerdodger

rodgerdodger Member

That's a bummer dude, I hope it gets worked out soon.

Also, I lol'd at this :lol:

4. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    I have not read the whole thread...just your note about fox service tech, I would run up the chain of management SO FAST that dudes head would spin. And politely 'working together to fix this' offer to 3-way call to add the Bike Shop, Customer Service at Giant, etc.

Rude people SUCK...and need to be held accountable at the company they work for and mgmt needs to know how their customer was responded too. Assuming you WEREN'T whining and demanding, just trying to resolve.

Best of luck to you in the end...

5. rb-digi

rb-digi New Member

whats funny about that?
    i included tax ,shipping ,assembly and pedals to make it more dramatic,,i didnt include the aftermarket bars/grips/seat/cycle comp cause that wasnt necessary just preference .then i justified needing a new helmet/pads.in too deep on this =\ im going riding tonight itll make me feel better..it always does

6. riiz

riiz Member

I think he was laughing at the word "investment".

7. simonmtb

simonmtb Digging for fun.

riding my bike and cooking dinner for the wife
    So take it up with Giant through your local bike shop. The bike and shock did after all come from them and not directly from Fox. Here is what it says on their website:

1. How can I contact Giant USA?

Giant Bicycle, Inc,
    3587 Old Conejo Road
    Newbury Park, CA 91320

Please contact your local Giant retailer for immediate assistance on questions and information regarding Giant bicycles such as suggested retail price, component specifications, replacement and upgrades, bicycle and frame weights, service and maintenance, model availability, warranty replacement, etc. Your Giant retailer is extremely knowledgeable on the subject of Giant bicycles and should be able to assist you with your question. You can also go to www.giant-bicycles.com, choose USA, then clickselect Bikes or Gear for answers to questions regarding current model year equipment specifications.