Ride Report Bonelli Park 6/7

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Franky, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

RR: Bonelli Park 6/7

Nice perfect overcast day for a ride this morning. My neighbor Alex & I headed out to Bonelli from the Lakes around 8:15 and rode to the trailhead on San Dimas Ave. Right when we got to the trailhead, there was a loose patch of gravel and my front tire washed out. Since I didn't lube my pedals, I couldn't unclip in time and fell over and got a small gash on my leg. I got up, wiped the blood with my shorts and pedaled on. We decided to follow the XC race course but this time counter clockwise.

I didn't realize there was that much climbing right from the start since I've riden there going in the opposite direction. Seems like we climbed forever until finally we crossed through the first tunnel and got a break with some DH. We followed the trail that parallels with the 10 fwy with more climbing until we got to the horse stables, then climbed to the old restroom and down the rocky trail. I got through most of the rough stuff until midway down where I lost my balance and fell over on a rock. (Note to self....lube the pedals before you ride) I jammed my hand and middle finger when I tried to break the fall. My friend was smarter than I was and walked the rock section. We rode through the "jungle" and had to get off the bike to cross the merky streams and got back on the north shore trail and back to the road back home. Not sure how much distance we covered, maybe 14 miles total in a little over 2 hrs. Only saw 2 other mtn bikers the whole ride and lots of jack rabbits along the way (hucked a few of them, not as impressive as a duck though). Otherwise, a great ride! :bang:

2. CC

CC V.P. Kickstand Inspection

unemployed, Sales Exec for a Steel company
    Bonelli

Great RR Franky. Glad to hear your hitting the trail. I'm a little turned around, since you went the opposite way. Was that rocky section you went down the one by the air port?

3. dirttorpeedo

dirttorpeedo drive monkey, drive!

maint. for a oversized school district
    frank you cooda used your kickstand to hold you tho.you shooda known.

4. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

That's the one CC.

I wasn't riding my Turner.

5. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Dude, are you like riding 8 times a week now? No secret training.See ya Thursday.

6. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

I've gotta do secret training to keep up w/ you guys. I'm not sure if i'll make 2nites ride, my fingers are swollen like Shinken's after the gravity ride.