Bike Photography

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Jordansrealm, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Jordansrealm

Jordansrealm New Member

Photographer/Editor
    Home Page:
    Hey there party people!

Havent really met many of you yet aside from SHINKEN kickin my butt around the Loop but I wanted to offer my photography services to the group. I shoot for a couple offroad related magazines and would love to spend some time shooting everyone here jumping, flipping, bashing, you name it for fun! I cant really ride with my gear somewhere far out but if we can find a good location where I can shoot you guys doing some trick stuff for the cam I think it be fun. Who doesnt want some bitchin shots of themselves doing crazy things blown up poster size on their wall?

Anyway, just a thought I cannot make the Plunge this weekend although I know it be some great footage. Maybe sometime over the next month or 2 we can all figure out a good day to head out somewhere fun and instead of a hard trail day just get some shots.

Let me know what you think!

Jordan

2. Frozen208

Frozen208 No pain no gain

Jordan do you shoot digital or film? Both?

3. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    I like that idea! Hmm . . . where would be a good spot? Jordan, what's some features/critieria that make a trail a good photo oppurtunity?

4. Ladd Jasper

Ladd Jasper Full speed, half blind

What a cool offer, Jordan. Will be a true test of your skills to make me look good--I'm one ugly hucker. Glad to give it a try, though.

5. Jordansrealm

Jordansrealm New Member

Photographer/Editor
    Home Page:
    I cannot afford to shoot film any longer I have to produce results so quickly for magazine print that I just cant shoot film fast enough. I still have some film cams though and occasionally I will even rent some medium format backs but just dont do it much anymore.

You guys are way more familiar with the trails in socal than I am. Where are some good spots we could meet up as a group and get some cool pics? Critieria really is just find a good location that people can do something aside from pics of just going down a flat trail. Think of what kinda stuff you see on the covers of mags or even some of the videos I have seen of people posted on here and MTBR look cool. I just dont know where those places are! haha

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2006
  6. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

software development
    idllywild - hurkey creek???
    it's a little bit of a drive but should be awesome.
    i've never been out there but i've seem some stunts and stuff like that in mtbbill's vids.

7. Von-Skipp

Von-Skipp FLOW

Student
    Thanx for the offer Jordan. We'll defintely let you know next we do our STR 'legal' signature loop. Your bound to see some awesome crashes... gooood times.