Bike Bling .....the shop (Threads merged)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by Team Smitty, Aug 13, 2008.

1. volcomsteban

volcomsteban New Member

Shmo
    We really shouldn't abbreviate when the two names have the same initials LOL

2. V2PRODUCTS

V2PRODUCTS New Member

Sales
    Home Page:
    Sweet i am going to have to check these guys out.

3. remgeo

remgeo New Member

Web Developer
    Great help as usual

I stopped by today because my headset was having issues and I couldn't get it to sit right. So, I figured it was time to seek professional help. As usual, the mechanics were top notch, they fixed my issue and explained to me why it was happening.

Their customer service is second to none. They have a great shop and with customer service like that they will develop a good group of repeat customers.

Thank you everyone at Bike Bling. :beer:

4. All177tn

All177tn New Member

I've never been to the store, but they've always been quick to ship web orders. Prices are cheap, and they do price matches so that's a plus. They even called me before shipping my rotors to make sure the front IS adapter was really what I needed. A+

PS.. Use the Coupon code "hookup" to save 10%

5. jploski

jploski Member

+1 for Bike Bling. The prices are fair and the customer service is excellent. They are very helpful and actually acknowledge you when you come in the door unlike Beyond Bikes.

6. Phishin Paul

Phishin Paul Team Hardcore Cornbread

Interesting...I was really turned off by the owner. I was looking at 29er frames, specifically the Jabber, and he seemed almost annoyed that I was asking questions. He had the "too cool for school" attitude. In saying that, the rest of the guys were way cool in assisting me with all my questions. I think the guy's name was Joe? I think the shop, the parts, and the guys up front are great.

I travel all over the area due to my job and check out different shops all the time. I would go back to BB for sure so I hope this is not taken as a knock on the shop. Maybe the owner was having a bad day. I know I have plenty.

7. TCB

TCB New Member

Photographer
    Home Page:
    Kerry use to work at BB, customer service at BB started to improve as soon as kerry left.

8. jamisjake

jamisjake Active Member

Industrial Mechanic
    I was just in there the other day, and Bike Bling rocks!!

9. BLT2

BLT2 New Member

BikeBling

I was in Escondido today and stopped by BikeBling expecting to spend my tax return.... Unfortunately, the customer service was horrible....

I walked in and wasn't greeted... The there were two guys working, but nobody seemed to care to help me out... I was in the shop for 15 minutes standing in front of the counter with an employee in front casually chatting with another customer and the other employee just sitting in the back in plain site of me.... He saw me waiting for help, but just sat there...

I don't know whats up with that, but I don't really care... I will take my business elsewhere...

10. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    its funny soo many people complain about being bombarded by sales people and others complain about about not getting pampered....seems shops can't win....

if you see them not helping you out when you need help....say something...it's pretty simple....

11. Rob

Rob Active Member

Bike Mechanic at Rock n Road n MV
    Go in there again and see if the same thing happens. If they're your LBS you should give them at least one second chance to earn your business. Maybe talk to the manager so that he or she can be aware of your experience and they can learn from it and take the necessary steps to make sure this doesn't happen in the future. They're a new shop and might have some "bugs" to work out.

12. live_in_hilo@yahoo.com

[email protected] hilo boi

hvac
    wheather you have to ask for help or not its still nice to at least be greeted. after all it is a customer service position.

13. emfc

emfc Don't taze me bro

Military
    Their interent service is awesome.

14. jamisjake

jamisjake Active Member

Industrial Mechanic
    I have been to their shop a couple times now, and the last time I was there, I wasnt as happy as the first, but really cant say anything bad. Their owner is awesome and I have dealt with him and 2 of their mechanic/salesmen dudes and they have been great. Give 'em one more chance. Let them know you are slightly interested in something, and see how they treat you. If they blow you off, then you are justified in your leaving.

15. Diamondback

Diamondback Banned

Have ever been to Guitar Center in Hollywood? Nobody helps you, so there are 2 giant security guys at the door making sure you don't get frustrated and just take the item you're begging them to ring up.

Their slogan is "a store run by musicians for musicians"
    No wonder service sucks there.

16. BrewMaster

BrewMaster Thirsty

Chemist
    I love when I go into my LBS and they immediately give me a reach around. It makes me feel special.

17. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I'm not against giving them a second chance but at the same time I'd see what else was in the area. In todays market place with the poor economy and internet sales taking a lot of the profit out of running a bike store I'm suprised they don't have a policy of never keeping a customer waiting. I personally don't think you'd have to say a word, if they ignored you, you can ignore them and take your business elsewhere.

18. bwolmarans

bwolmarans The perfect look.

Did you try saying "Hey, how's it going!" or did you literally just stand there at the counter for 15 minutes without saying anything

19. All177tn

All177tn New Member

If if it's a big purchase like a frame, I just stand there to gauge the staff. No help, no sale.

I ran a retail store at one point, there's no excuse to not greet a customer. If you don't speak up, you might as well carry a "Don't support us!" sign.

Anyhow, never been to Bike Bling, but they've been quick 4 out of 5 times with my online orders.

20. SKINNY

SKINNY Lube, Ride, Repeat

Home Page:
    I find it hard to believe you actually stood there for 15 minutes.. I urge all of you to stand up and wait 15 minutes.. It's like an eternity.. I suspect you were there for maybe 5 minutes max... hehehe....

Someone posted earlier that the shops just cant win.. I somewhat believe this. There are days when I go into a store and just want to browse around uninterrupted and there are other days when I need assistance.. There are too many strange people (yes you are strange) with different expectations, wants, and needs.. The best way to overcome this is to go in and tell them what you want and what you expect.. If they don't deliver after understanding the playing field then go elsewhere.. simple as dat.