Beware tickets

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Pain Freak, Aug 2, 2009.

1. jamesd

jamesd New Member

Redondo Beach PD pulled me over a few years ago for blowing through a stop. Was lucky the guy gave me a warning. He did ask for ID, but when I said I didn't have any, he said that was fine, but did recommend I carry it. Since then, I wear the Road ID, good to carry.
    As far as stoping, he said as long as you stop to the point where you pause and then get out of the seat, they consider it a stop. Hell most cars around So Cal blow through stop signs and do Cal Stops, it seems stupid to have to touch down a toe for every stop sign.

2. wheel slayer

wheel slayer Damn Seagulls

Years ago I was riding at night without a light and a serious case of the munchies. While looking across the street at a Carl's Jr. trying to figure if it was open or not, if I should roll through the drive through on my road bike than as I looked to see where I was going All I could see was a black trunk with sheriff written in gold, man that was a buzzkiller.

3. destroyer

destroyer I build jumps

I live in Hesperia and work in Victorville, but what really gets under my skin is I've called the police 6 times in the last 2 months regarding trespassers at work and not once have they showed up. I get the run around from the station that they are busy on another call. One time I had a cop sitting in the parking lot when I called, we sat there and watched him for about a hour. Busy my a**...

4. bvader

bvader Long Live The Gorn!

Tech Guy
    Another area to watch out. San Clemente the bike path through the neighborhood last week they were ticketing folks that did not come to a complete stop an d put down their foot.