"Awesomeland - Women of Dirt" showing in San Diego! Monday, September 13th!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by masta shake, Sep 2, 2010.

1. masta shake

masta shake squeaky kneed SS'er

Monkeywrench in the local goverment machine
    Awesome Land: Women of Dirt is a groundbreaking film by the filmmakers at Bones Over Metal that spotlights some of the most talented women on two wheels and the lifestyles they lead to allow them to ride. Awesome Land: Women Of Dirt celebrates the mountain bike while celebrating the women who love them. This is a beautiful and energetic film that opens a window into an awesome world.

There will be two showings. Doors open at 6 PM. The first showing is at 7 PM and a second at 9 PM.

The Blind Lady Ale House is located at 3416 Adams Avenue and is opening up for us on a Monday, their normal day off. The bar will be open, but the kitchen will be closed. MIHO Gastrotruck will be there though, and they will be cooking up some quality food. This is a free show, and is being hosted as a fundraiser for the Southern California Interscholastic Cycling League so donations are appreciated. A representative from the League will be on hand to talk about the program.

Copies of the film as well as T-Shirts and other swag will be available and a generally good time is expected to be had by all. See you there!

[video=youtube;DIPsY3oERsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIPsY3oERsI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

2. masta shake

Hmmm. Someone on one of the other forums complained that this event is in conflict with the Chargers game. Well, sorry. But I guess we all have choices to make. Support the future of our sport or watch a game whose outcome has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not we are watching?

Not a tough choice I think.

3. Seaker

Seaker New Member

BLAH is the shiznit. One of the best alehouses in San Diego. Hamilton's Tavern on 30th is a little more my style, tho.

4. masta shake

I am a Hamiltons fan too, but BLAH is much more restaurant than bar. Plus I live about a five minute pedal away! See you all then!

5. masta shake

Awesomeland

There were also questions as to whether kids can come. The answer is "YES"!

See you Monday!