aw shiat!

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by Pain Freak, Sep 15, 2011.

1. bing!

bing! Active Member

My bud had the same thing. Gave him chills and thoughts of death :(

He has a sports doctor that does some Olympic athletes and cycling teams.

Gave him this as part of the prescription. He's riding again after the anti-biotics.

Ive ridden it, feels weird, manageable, and he's riding with no reoccurrence.

[​IMG]

2. matty_P

matty_P New Member

medical student

3. da big hills

da big hills happy night trails

daily night grind
    Dude the doctor called and left you a message........ somethin about now needing to amputate? Get well soon, PS: I know a good taxidermist
    Happy trails

4. auger

auger Member

Retired from fixing helicopters
    Pain Freak I hope all this works out for you. I know you are not sure of the actual cause but what were the symptoms? Was there something you noticed earlier that looking back were a tip off of a problem? Curious and I want to stay ahead of potential problems if possible. Thanks and get well quick!

5. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    No, there is nothing that comes to mind. I felt no pain until the infection was in full force and then it made me sick. My question to the doc was the same as yours. What can I do to prevent this from happening again. He suggested shorter rides and more breaks off the bike. But as far as any hint of an upcoming problem there was none and he hasn't told me what to watch out for but I will ask again. Good news is, there doesn't look like I will have to change medication as the present antibiotic is working ( thank god for moder medicine ). And that means no hospitalization.

6. auger

auger Member

Retired from fixing helicopters
    Thanks PF, I appreciate the feedback. Glad to hear your meds are working, that has got to be a relief. I am going to do some supplement research and drink more cranberry juice for now. Had a long ride earlier this week (32mi and 5K vert) and I had some weird stuff going on trying to take a leak so you problem really got my attention. Remember take all your meds! Don't stop when you feel better otherwise you may not kill all the aliens.

7. Sailor Ripley

Sailor Ripley New Member

Mortgage Loan Originator
    Hang tough Mike (pun intended)... I had "issues" once, not quite the same, but it concerned me nonetheless: I spent a couple of weeks on a loaded tandem riding down the coast from the tip of Washington state: My peepee went numb about 4 or five days into it and by the time I finished the tour, I couldn't even feel it when I went pee. It took about 3-4 weeks to get back to 80% and another 3-4 weeks to be 100%. During that timeframe I backed off on the bike and embraced running. The break did me some good... made me that much hungrier to ride.