aw shiat!

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by Pain Freak, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo .

Sucks Mikey. Hoping for a speedy recovery and you'll be doing another double in no time.

2. pay up sucker

pay up sucker New Member

sales
    get well old man their is always tijuana :) just bypass la revolution :)

3. Racer X

Racer X Member

4. GeorgiaOfTheJungle

GeorgiaOfTheJungle THE Penultimate Mtb'er

Mike, you don't necessarily have to be admitted for a full course of IV antibiotics; they can do that with home health (a lot less expensive that staying overnight). If you learn to do it yourself, you'll only have to pay for a few visits from a nurse. Also, be sure to take your antibiotics just as prescribed right now. Good luck. If you need an IV, I'll gladly stab you. :)

5. guero

guero iFroth

hang in there mikey, let us know if ya need anything!

6. mantaman

mantaman New Member

Sales
    Praying for you Freak!

7. matty_P

matty_P New Member

medical student
    No, you will be billed for the full amount of your ER visit. No insurance does not equal free medical care. Many hospitals do have payment plans as well as funds to right off certain amounts of your bill for cash pay. If your income is under a certain amount, and your bill is high, they may right it off, but just saying you have no insurance is not a way to not pay. also giving false address or anything else to get out of paying is fraud and you can be prosecuted.

best luck on your recovery. i doubt it was from riding, unless you were wearing days old shorts or something like that.

8. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Lee is right. I would tell your wife that the doctor said it's from not getting enough action - you're teeming with so much virility, it needs a proper outlet.

9. Mongo

Mongo Chewyeti "MongOHNO!"

measurement tech.
    I feel for ya. Going through something similar. I haven't been able to ride in almost 3 weeks now. Hope you get over it quick..

10. mike001

mike001 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about it. Here's to getting past it asap. Echo what Lee wrote about something good coming of this. Namaste.

11. SeanC

SeanC Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Medical_Treatment_and_Active_Labor_Act

Hope you feel better PainFreak, sucks to be off the bike.

12. Jslow

Jslow stipend of maltliquor

Healing vibes ur way.

13. KonaDawgDeluxe

KonaDawgDeluxe REKE/DMC

construction estimator/Project MGR
    When I lived in Encinitas some time back I had a friend that wrecked on his motorcycle and got banged up bad. He was a small guy and his bike was just too massive for him. Anyways, he was taken to the hospital by ambulance and ended up in the hospital for about a week. The pecker lied about his name, age, address... everything. The guy never paid a cent because he never got a bill. I told him he was going to jail. The guy was a nervous wreck for a year after that. He would shake when he'd see a cop. :lol:

14. dirttorpeedo

dirttorpeedo drive monkey, drive!

maint. for a oversized school district
    Mr. Freak... its been a time. Im sorry to hear about your dillema.my girlfriend werks in the hospitol industry collecting from the likes of peepl like you. she told me wunce that there is a lil nown policy that the hospitals have called CHARITY. good luk pal

15. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Talked with Doctor today. I brought up about staying home and administering the IV with the help of a nurse and it looks like I may be able to go this route but because of the type of medicine the nurse will be required to check in on me 4 times a day of which of course I'd have to pay for but would be one/tenth the cost of a hospital stay (thank you, very much for this suggestion Rachel!)

16. GeorgiaOfTheJungle

GeorgiaOfTheJungle THE Penultimate Mtb'er

Now check with the home-health nurse, it may not be that bad. When I did Vanco IV at home, the only time we needed to visit (after initial teaching) was to do the blood tests--two visits in one day, but only weekly. If you're able to get around on your own, you may be able to drive in to the lab, reducing the cost further; the test is time-sensitive though, so the nurse may need to do it anyway (depending on their policy).

Your goal is to learn as fast as possible so you can do it on your own. For the first visit, tell the nurse that you want to do it as he/she talks you through it. They will give you a number to call if you have any problems, so help is always a phone call away. The quicker you do it on your own, the less you'll have to pay for visits. :)

17. ifouiripilay

ifouiripilay New Member

ICU Registered Nurse
    Do you wear spandex?
    It is not likely caused by your position. Uti, prostatitis would likely be caused by long rides. Sweat and bacteria in the groin will enter the only way in, your meatus. You won't feel symptoms immediately until theres a proliferation of bacteria growth. So this may have occurred days to wks ago.
    Do what it takes to get rid of it. Infections can lead to sepsis and urosepsis is no joke.
    I had a similar problem however I didn't wear spandex(I haven't ridden my road bike in a while). This is why it's good to find spandex with antimicrobial properties.
    Good luck.

18. dirttorpeedo

dirttorpeedo drive monkey, drive!

maint. for a oversized school district
    o ya ... if you do the hospital and ask for charity they ve got paperwork to fill out. you may want that if you get a big bill. by that i meen you nurse mite be named big bill...

19. un-kola

un-kola Just another Homer!

Retired!
    Mike sorry to hear about this. Get better soon. The bike world needs people like you out there riding! -Lloyd :wave:

20. dirtmistress

dirtmistress AKA Roadiemistress

retired
    Mike, I would find a cycling specific doctor. Maybe a couple they have at Velonews ( I wrote a question one time and they responded on-line) and see if this is truly from the bike. No doubt you have an infection but while you're recovering, try to find out how this was caused by the bike and how to prevent it in the future.
    Seems like everytime you have a passion, Drs. try to blame your injury or illness on that passion.