ATV = Crash Man

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by PacMan, Nov 24, 2007.

1. PacMan

PacMan New Member

Well, I took off work today and am taking off Tuesday and Wednesday. I should be good to go for Thursday.

My back, arm, shoulder and ribs are progressing nicely. They are sore but it is getting better.

My neck and head on the other hand--not so good. My neck is still very sore and I have had a constant headache since the crash that hasn't really gotten any better and Vicodin and Ibuprofen aren't helping it at all. My doc called that the "Post Concussion Syndrome". He said it could take up to a month or two to go away completely.

I'm just going to take it day by day and see what happens.

Were they in a Rhyno that got hit by a train?? My wife's brother knows people that lost 2 daughters and a son out there recently that crossed the tracks on a Rhyno and got hit by a train.

2. GP_pilot

GP_pilot Epic Builder

I'm sure the Doc also informed you of the criticality of not injuring your head again before you're concussion is fully healed, i.e. Second Impact Syndrome. But of course after knocking myself out for 2+ min in the Laguna Corkscrew in 03, my wife had me go for a motorcycle ride the next day down the coast to Big Sur. I followed her (or a blur like her) needless to say.#-o

3. BFloFoxRider.

BFloFoxRider. Active Member

Army
    yep thats them. there were 2 girls and an eight year old boy... all this was witnessed by an 11 year old brother on a quad that was following... the girl is on life support and they are doing testing so she can donate her organs when they pull the plug. the ladies name was lisa by the way, a dispatcher i beieve for glendora PD and my dad knows her through being a cop and on the SWAT team. but man thats some sad stuff... could you imagine being the 111 year old that witnessed it?!?!?

4. PacMan

PacMan New Member

I've never had a concussion before, so I'm not exactly sure how to proceed. I know I want to ride again ASAP, but I don't want to push it and really screw myself up.

5. ka0t1c07

ka0t1c07 Full Travel

Grease Monkey
    Home Page:
    Speedy recovery to you man. My buddy just got a torn shoulder ligament last Sunday at Marshall Canyon. Thanks to those who pass by and helped or offer to help.

6. kentonn

kentonn Rage against the Mods

Oh man, take it easy for a while and get well soon.

7. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Man, Doug, that could of been so much worse. The second reason I took up MTB'ing was because I don't think I could of taken another hard hit on an ATV, which almost all are on a motorized vehicle. My worse crash I ever had was around 25 miles an hour. I had fallen of the back of my bike once at Orange Co raceway and was in full throttle. The estimate was that I was at 60 plus when I realeased the clutch to fast which pulled the bike out from underneath me. So glad to hear you're going to be alright.