Are we going to war again?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by dirtmistress, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Silver

Silver New Member

Is this a sincere belief or are you doing a dog shit Andy Kaufman impression?

2. MojoCP

MojoCP New Member

Arguing
    You've already tried this one-liner in another thread a few days ago. It didnt hit then, either.

If you're going to try for a zinger, at least make it relevant to the discussion. In this situation, Obama was actually criticized for being too slow to respond and, even then, insisting that it be a UN initiative, not a US one. So how does this relate to Obama?

3. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Dear STR members, yes this thread is in "The Pub" but please follow the posting guidelines and keep it civil!!!

1. Be respectful.
    2. Your posts should be constructive.
    3. Corrections to other’s information should not be condescending in nature. This is a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. You are expected to remain civil and express your thoughts in a mature manner.
    4. The socaltrailriders.org administrator and moderators reserves the right to edit or delete any post/thread we deem necessary.
    5. Enjoy the ride :wave:

4. monstertiki

monstertiki New Member

The obvious reason for hostility in this part of the world is because they don't have a lot of places to surf or mountainbike due to their geographic location. I'd be angry too if I wasn't able to do one or the other.

5. Silver

Silver New Member

Charlie don't surf, is what I heard :D Neither does Mohammed...

6. MojoCP

MojoCP New Member

Arguing
    I love these arguments in how deliciously uninformed and simple-minded they are. First off, its not AT GROUND ZERO. Its a few blocks away. Secondly, so what? How far should this "hallowed ground" concept extend outward? Are you not also just as outraged that dirty-dealing investment firms are located within that same vicinity? How dare THEY not show some respect for 9/11. Give me a break. Its a church. You're a xenophobe.

And I'm so sick of 9/11 being some rally call to end all rally calls. ~2000 people died. That is NOTHING in the grand scheme of preventable deaths that happen every year in the US, and yet look at how much worry and money we throw at its memory. GET OVER IT. 9/11 was not caused by "the Muslims" any more than the OK City bombing was perpetrated by "the Christians" . If you're going to start equating the extremist nut jobs with the entire religion, be consistent at least.

Christians have exported their version of Sharia law (called Christian morality) for centuries and still impose the puritanical moral system here today that we have just become familiar with.

Fear of change and of "the other" is natural and instinctual. Just be constructive in recognizing it and try to be rational in what you dont like about the change, and how you can make sure the change remains just for everyone. Dont just be another loud crazy voice.

7. monstertiki

monstertiki New Member

Charlie does surf! At least now they do:
    [video=youtube;XCMOnU-Oq-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCMOnU-Oq-s[/video]

Make bikes and boards not bombs. If you can give the active population of a country fun stuff to do it gives them a non violent way to expel all that pent up energy. Given the opportunity, I'd love to visit south east asia and ride with some of these fakawi tribe riders.

http://www.fakawitribe.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=190&Itemid=45

8. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    One_Track_Mind forgot about Malmo Sweden which is now 30% foreign-born (Muslim).

This has led to demands for censorship and Muslim attacks.

[youtube]fECzfpWjB6k[/youtube]

[youtube]4oLvwMxwHFs[/youtube]

9. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Okay, I'll bite. For starters, it's hard to take you seriously or give you much credibility when you use words like "you people", "these Muslims" and "grow a pair". You do realize this makes you sound very racist and narrow minded, don't you? That's how African-Americans used to be referred to and still are in lots of ignorant places in this country. Are you proud of that? I'm not. I'll respond, just for arguments sake but I'll avoid the mud slinging...

This country was founded on immigrants, diversity, various beliefs and various religions. Who the hell gives you the right to deny another culture or religion the same rights and access our ancestors based this country on? So long as people abide the law and things are done in civil manners, everyone has the same rights. That includes building a Mosque near ground zero. That doesn't mean it's the most sensitive thing to do but they do have that right. So long as the zoning permits it and they go through all the proper procedures necessary to build a Church, a Mosque or a Synagogue. Doesn't mean it's going to happen and there won't be objection and protest; it just means people have such rights. Every point you make already exists here with other cultures and minorities so what you're are saying is nothing more then rhetoric and propaganda. There's always exceptions to every rule and extremist exist in all walks of life and cultures. Why do you, along with this new movement of anti-Muslims feel so threatened? If you can't handle a true democracy, maybe you should consider moving somewhere where people have no such rights and it's one way or no way. Let's see how long you last there. Do you know any Muslims? I do. I have family and friends who are Christians, Jewish, Atheist, Scientology, Buddhist, LDS, Jehovah's Witness and Muslim. I also have straight friends, gay friends, bi-sexual friends, A-Sexual friends and sexually confused friends. I make my impressions of them based on their character, integrity, loyalty, selflessness and compatibility. I NEVER make my impressions of them based on their religious beliefs or sexual preference. That would make me into an ignorant person who would miss out on a lot of beautiful people I've met in my life and I, for one, would hate for that to be the case.

10. MojoCP

MojoCP New Member

Arguing
    Well said... except for the part about Scientologists. They're crazy.

11. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

LOL! I honestly do have some friends who are Scientologists. At first, I thought the same thing but after a while and getting to know them, I realized that it's just a belief and a passion they believe in. They don't impose their values or beliefs on me so how they choose to align the stars and how much of their income they chose to donate to their church is not my concern nor problem.

12. Silver

Silver New Member

13. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

If we're talking about "facts" here, you might consider not using Wikipedia as a credible source. I'm just sayin'...

14. snownow

snownow Too slow

His country produces 2% of the world supply... The increase in prices is due to oil speculation. They see a way to take advantage of "news" blitz on the events and drive up prices.... and LOL to the bank. Global demand is down, even more so with Japan's imports way down. (bad news there).

So over all, yea we just spent 100 mil of China's money to bomb his airports and SAM sites....and said it was in the name of protecting civilians. But yet, nothing in Bahrain? .... It's time to play less of the big brother, and take care of biz at home.... This should be a French/British event, its their factories we are trying to save.

15. Silver

Silver New Member

It's a wiki link or abui's assertion. You get to pick which one you like better.

16. dirtmistress

dirtmistress AKA Roadiemistress

retired
    So glad I started this thread!
    Joe, I've learned so much about you! Will you sleep with me?
    Oh wait!!

That video in OC was nauseating! They must be related to Fred Phelps.

17. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Sure, but you'll have to wine and dine me before we can go there. Oh...wait!!!

18. Cilantro13

Cilantro13 ...

No problem there, let's just turn him into a woman and hand him/her over to the Taliban.

19. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    I'll take 99% of the Former Yoguslavia as Muslim and 99.9% of the Arab countries. The other refugess - YMMV.

20. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

It got a rise out of you and made you reply to it....Target was hit......WINNING.