Anyone broken a bone here?

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by BFloFoxRider., Feb 12, 2008.

1. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    Wow #-o the dremel? Thats almost really funny.

torn acl = Wrestling
    two broken ribs = rugby, motorcycle crash
    bruised ribs = wrestling
    fractured left eye socket = angry islander on the losing side of a rugby running with high knees. In rugby you always taught to hit low and go for the legs
    seperated shoulder twice = rugby always happens with collapsed scrum
    stabbed = practical joke that went wrong
    Cut tendon and nerve in my index finger = work

broken fingers and teeth don't count anymore :bang:

2. G-Ride

G-Ride New Member

Right arm radius and ulna, arm folded. Fell off a fence. Very painful.
    Collarbone - MTB - altogether not that painful.
    Right pinky 4 times - takes like a year to heal
    Numerous rib fractures - 2x snowboarding, 3x MTB - this is the most uncomfortable of all and takes a long time to heal.
    Skull fractures - 1x little league - baseball bat - batter must have had astroglide on his gloves because I was playing 2nd base - even more amazing was how I didn't see it coming. 1x drunk shopping cart racing. Not as painful as one would think, until a day or two later.
    Shoulder dislocation - old moto injury, my rotator cuff is mush - I have literally had to reset my shoulder back into the socket over 100 times - severely painful every time.

3. osmarandsara

osmarandsara Active Member

Broken tibia and fibula while mountain mt biking alone in Box Springs Mountain....the sound of your own bones breaking is freaky.... I tried my phone, no coverage #-o (damn Verizon)

I had some aspirins in my camelbak, popped 3-4 into my mouth, lowered my seat, got on the bike, and made it to the trailhead where my car was parked....

4. ghixon

ghixon Look Ma - No hands!

Sales
    Broken right ankle - Doing some jumps as a kid - Pain 4-5

2 Broken Ribs - Playing hockey about 2 years ago - Pain 8

Broken Left Wrist - OTB at Fall Line in BB. Pain 3

5. 26'er Zen Master

26'er Zen Master S.F.B

Doggie dentals
    Home Page:
    yea kidney stones suck balls

6. Fired Yo Momma

Classified
    I once heard a doctor say that the closest pain a man willl have to child birth is passing a kidney stone

7. Keith B

Keith B Professional Lion Tamer

Legionnaire of Life
    Kidney stones definetly eclipse the broken bone pain. I had one when I was 24 and it feels EXACTLY like being repeatedly kicked in the balls. I was told it didnt show up on the scans so jsut to drink plenty of water and it wouldbe flushed out out like a tiny smooth pebble. Pain slowly dissipates over next few weeks.....The whilst using the bathroom one day ...and all of a sudden crazy pain jsut where you would never want it/expect it and out fires some larger than you'd credit rough and jagged rock. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it !

I can well believe that. Expect child birth is like what a couple of hours and this goes on for weeks. :lol:

8. Deuce Niner

Deuce Niner Returning Rider

Broke my jaw (destroyed the hinge) when I was 13.....hit a rock the wrong way while screaming downhill and went head first over the handle bars. Also cut my chin open requiring 30 double stiches in the process.

9. G-Ride

G-Ride New Member

I have a friend who has had both children and kidney stones, and she assures me that passing kidney stones is way worse.

10. maxwell

maxwell Dirty Stinky PATH Love

CRASH TEST DUMMY $#%&*^#
    Home Page:
    I had to go in and have mine broken up, using some kind of lazer zapping thing. It was 8mm.
    The nurses were laughing at me when they said "now you know what labor is like". I said, "if this is what labor is like, we'd only have one kid, insted of three"!#-o

My wife has been a major stud in my eye's every since!

11. Chewyeti

Chewyeti Circus Bear

Oh yeah...

Lower back pain tops any bone break i have had.
    I have 2 slipped discs, from a snowboard injury last year...
    went through a bazillion weeks pf PT, only to get rear ended while at work.....

So yeah... lower back pain BLOWS

12. Donny

Donny (R.I.P) Formerly Devoid169

Sales - Abrasives
    Jeez - where do I start? Oh, at the beginning.

Now THIS is old school:
    - Summer of 1973 (7 yrs old) in Isla Vista, Ca my Schwinn Stingray rolls of its kickstand, falls over and the pedal lands on my foot, breaking bones in it. Pain about a 3. Talk about good ole USA constuction!! In a cast for 6 weeks from my knee down all flippin summer.
    - Summer of 1979 practicing at a bmx track in Norwalk or La Mirada - whichever one had a good downhill section - went into a turn with a buddy. I slid out and put my arm out to break my fall - right into his crankset area. He pedaled and caught my arm between the crank and BB area, snapping it into an L shape. pain about a 6 or 7, mostly from moving it back into place. People at the track used a bmx magazine as a splint, duct tape to hold it secure and a pair of torn underwear (!!) as a sling. Doctor was impressed by how perfectly it was pre-set. He did ask me quizzically about the underwear sling. I never got to thank the donor...
    - Fall of 1983 now in New Jersey - saved up all summer working to buy a bitchin CR125 to ride in the woods. Clipped a tree with clutch side of bars. Clutch lever decided to move 2 knucles back about an inch whilst breaking hand bones. Pain only a 3 for some reason. Re-setting the bones?? Almost fainted from the pain. Pain a 9+.
    - Still in my hand cast from previous injury I was riding a converted beach cruiser with mx bars. Did a little mess-around wheelie-pivot 180 off a bike rack lower bar. Went over the bike rack landing on hand in cast braking 2 fingers that were IN THE CAST!! Doctors looking at me shaking their heads...
    - BMX jumping contest at Braddock BMX track in Bergen County NJ in spring 1984 for local cable TV show. Yah, you can tell how this is gonna end. First 2 jumps, great. Last jump - gotta make it a good one, right? Totally overshot the landing transition - so figure coming down to flat ground from about 10 feet up. One footed jump but said foot never gets back on pedal. All the landing force gets directed to one foot - upon impact exploding my heel bone and cracking all sorts of bones in the area. Pain also 9+ for about a solid 3 minutes. You know the kind that makes ya puke. Fun times.
    Thanks for brigin back all those memories. Still wouldn't change a thing if I could.
    Donny

13. TurboJared

TurboJared Overstimulated

Affiliate Program Manager
    Home Page:
    12 years old Left arm Radius and ulna - 8 biking with friends and ran into his cassette when he stopped suddenly. L-shape brake on the curb.

15 yo - Left arm Radius - 5 While Roller blading I crashed (HAD EVERY PAD AVAILABLE ON) my head broke my arm just aft of the wrist guards. the angle of the brake required surgery.

21- Dislocated ankle playing rugby in New Zealand. - 2
    Fo'Fo - to help dislocated ankle - 12 on the pain scale. For those who do not know what Fo'Fo is. It is the Samoan way to heal sprains and dislocations. Cause there is no Ice in the Islands, but there are a ton of fat chicks and plenty of oil.

25 - Massive femur contusion - 6 Ask Jose what that looks like, or Guero.

27 - Broken Clavicle - 2 honestly flesh wounds hurt more than this one.

14. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Probably 25-30. From big to small, multiple concussions and torn ligaments/tendons also. I was the kid that always said, "I can do that." Sometimes I couldn't.

15. Fired Yo Momma

Classified
    IMO women in general have a higher pain tolerance. Todays male do cry about all kinds of injuries.

16. RustyIron

RustyIron Rob S.

Home Page:
    I'm 45 years old and until three months ago, the only bones I've broken were on other people. Then I did a couple of my own: a finger and my face.

Pain? I didn't know the finger was broken for a couple days. The face? It hurt kinda bad, even through the fog of morphine.

Recommendations? You'll be better off if you don't break anything. But if you do, remember the immortal words of Captain Lance Murdoch: "Broken bones heal, chicks dig scars, and the United States of America has the best doctor to daredevil ratio in the whole world!"

Party on!
    Rob

P.S.
    On a more serious note... Getting broken is cheap and easy. Getting fixed up again is expensive. You could buy the bike of your wildest dreams for less than the cost of one trip to the trauma center.

17. gil_caz

gil_caz JfromLV Fan Club viceprez

i laughed to hard at this one, sorry.

18. FyrFytrRyn

FyrFytrRyn RTB to a WNL

estudiante'/naysayer
    considering my career and hobbies, im suprised i havnt broken more...
    left wrist once, right wrist twice. both felt sprained but were broken. casts' suck.

19. BFloFoxRider.

BFloFoxRider. Active Member

Army
    was it all mangled looking like it was sticking up?
    clean break all the way through?

20. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

2 ribs...never thought I could feel so much pain in my entire life.