Anybody ride in Temecula?

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by ANIMAL, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Aggie

Aggie New Member

+1 for barley and hops, as well as killarneys (when you can actually get through the mob at the bar). We ride srp every monday and wednesday @ 6:30 pm. Park across from the info center, ride the loop around to the meadow and up manzanita. Then back down. Idyllwild on Sunday early if anyone is interested. Peace. :beer:

2. goldrunner

goldrunner New Member

Construction offsite Superintendant
    Organized Rides, what a concept.

Lets get it on. :clap: Go to SRP all the time and am always looking to ride with new peps. everyone rides that place a little different.

So if that 6:30 ride happens tomorrow what parking lot and who is the organizer to hook up with?

Wildomar in the house.....:wave:

3. ranoaclan

ranoaclan New Member

It Is Great to hear

Good to hear all the Valley Folks. I wish I could ride tomorrow. But we are going to a luau out at Warner Springs! Super fun stuff. Anyone want to night ride this week at Vail? I will be out working on the trails all week. Maybe a day trip to the SRP. So much fun stuff out there. Super man is in pretty good shape! Also a day trip to Idyllwild or Simpson park could be fun!
    By the Way I know Luke Wiens is a STR poster. His famliy is the Wiens Winery folks and it might be a cool idea to gather out there some time. The whole family is into cycling. From what I hear they are starting to brew beer:beer:to! Luke You da man!!!

4. Taco Jack

Taco Jack New Member

I'm up for SRP tomorrow 6:30 am . I'd say its best to park in the horse trailer parking lot . The lot across from the visitor center doesn't have much parking . I'll keep checking this post to see If I get any takers . I really like the idea of a ride that starts and ends at Killarney's . I wonder would it be possibly to ride to Vail Lake from there without riding to much road . :beer:

5. Jman

Jman Live Free, Ride Hard

Home Page:
    I love SRP but it does get a bit boring so I just start throwing trails in. I've gotten a pretty good 10ish mile loop going there. I live over by the Inland Valley hospital and have been thinking of riding over to Slaughter House, up and around Sylvan Meadows and then over to Superman and down. Anyone ride Slaughter House lately? Is it even rideable? I know it's got a lot of poison oak but its usually off the trail.

I'd ride with you guys but I work weekend mornings! Have fun up there and take a jump for me.

6. Taco Jack

Taco Jack New Member

I'm fifty two so don't worry . When we ride no one is left behind . Some guys ride faster than others but the fast guys will always stop to let you catchup . And hopefully catch your breath .

7. ANIMAL

ANIMAL New Member

i slave tables
    im interested in idylwild this sunday and ive never been there. are you guys riding there this sun?

8. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    Okay some want to ride at 7am and than hit the pub after? That sounds funny but doable. If I can get my wife to hate me anymore il. Be down for the ride.

The farm area is excellent for night riding. The start is from harvest way east at the end of the street I enter the field leading to murrieta. Head left along the horse properties. Climb charma sharmain rd, past bobcat trail. Follow the ridge to the locked white gate, stay straight on double track a lot of fun and as long as srp fenceline,
    at bottom easy climb out and enter two orchards, to farm road.

Cross farm road into culdesac, additional trail starts here, all downhill for half mile and twisty.

End at farm road go downhill, cross bundy canyon and go up verizon hill, it's the tallest hill, east of 15.

Return in same ascended direction hang in it is fast.

At bottom cross bundy canyon and go up harvest way east to your car.

This is a nice ride, mostly xc, but the initial dh off if bobcat has good jumps.

I'll buy the beer.

9. jamisjake

jamisjake Active Member

Industrial Mechanic
    I ride SRP as a local ride, and I have yet to hit up the Farm with my buddy Mike. But I will! We gotta get a group ride organized for us Temecula area folks!:-k

10. goldrunner

goldrunner New Member

Construction offsite Superintendant
    Hurkey 24hr

I am an XC guy and live to close to SRP to get up that early for something I do too often. Anyone up for a Hurkey run? I would like to pre-run the 24hour course and maybe a little extra credit. Will be up till about 10:30 if anyone is interested.
    951-678-0789
    Ben

11. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    Hey jman, I live on the otherside of the hills to the north at the farm. Let's ride do
    times.

I ride slaughterhse often. I hit all the jumps and some are big. At the bottom it is overgrown. Check out my profile you'll see big air on a xc bike.

I appreciate that bro. Let's ride this week, I have an area that will never be forumed on this site, but you have to earn it at the farm, and it ain't the farm.

12. pcemkr

pcemkr Is it beer thirty yet??

Plans changed. Not going to be clipping in until 730. I'll be riding a white yeti, if you see me, say hi. I live down in san diego, I am up here at least once a month, so a group of riders would be nice to make the rides a bit more enjoyable. Thohgt of a group who like to toss back quity beers make it that mich more promising. Lets keep this group idea rolling....

13. pinoy7

pinoy7 Member

I was there this morning, but started a little bit before 7. I saw a few people out there going up Manzanita as I was going down. I had to finish up before 8:30 so I had to keep going ;-)

I am on a blue Motobecane hardtail with white Fox RL forks...

Rich

14. jamisjake

jamisjake Active Member

Industrial Mechanic
    I'll be available for a ride tomorrow(Sunday) early afternoon/late morning. Anybody available to ride then? Maybe Hurkey? I might be kinda worthless after getting off work at 7am, but what the heck!:lol:

15. ANIMAL

ANIMAL New Member

i slave tables
    im hittin up Vail Lake eeaarrllyy tomorrow. Ill be on my gary fish 29er hardtail, so if you see me say whats up!

16. ANIMAL

ANIMAL New Member

i slave tables
    the dam wall kicked my a$$ today thats all i gotta say, but after that it was pure fun.

17. Taco Jack

Taco Jack New Member

IE ride at Vail, Santa Rosa Plateau , Sycamore canyon ?

Let's get the IE riders together for a ride . Looking for ideas where and when ? Maybe October when it gets cooler . Help me out start giving me your input .

:beer:

18. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Suspension tech, propulsion system tech,Space stat
    I think all you need to wait till I get back from Swiss land, I have a surprise and would like to share with the locals 1st.

19. dssgaffler

dssgaffler Complete Sellout

I'm willing to give it a try. I've always wanted to try ITT/Coldwater. Let me know the next time you plan on going.

20. Taco Jack

Taco Jack New Member

OK I'm on hold, can't wait to see what you have in mind . Send me a PM if I can help .