Another Injury

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by art23rockpile, Nov 9, 2008.

1. art23rockpile

art23rockpile Minus Delta T

Cabinet/Furniture/Door Maker
    A few non-riding peeps have suggested that I either tone down my riding, or stop altogether since it's "obviously too dangerous". My answer is to the contrary: i'm building a 'big-bike' with the intention of stepping it up!

2. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Active Member

Auto inspection
    People who dont ride will never understand. My ex always tells me I should stop. Then again, she has seen me hurt myself a lot of times. Now I have the kids riding and I hear it more than ever. I just dont tell her when they crash.:lol:

3. stuffshredman

stuffshredman Member

engineer - AI, some robotics
    truth.
    when I was in high school, I raced mx every friday nite and every Sunday morning (so early bed on Saturday nite). I lost a girlfriend over it.

So, when I met my wife, I let her know that I'm into this sport.. and she should never ask me to quit. If she's not ok with it, she should walk now. She stayed. As a doctor, she sees all the injuries. (a daredevil klutz married to a doctor.. match made in heaven!!). Anyway, from time to time, she'll suggest I quit.. and I refer back to "the conversation"... and she quiets down.

Plus, since we've been together, I've only broken that 5th metacarpal riding... but I broke three toes chasing her around the house (honeymooner incident 8-[).

So, I always remind her that I'm actually safer on the bike than I am hanging around with her :lol: