Another Disappointment in Cycling/More trouble for Floyd(merged)

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by G-MONEY, Feb 15, 2010.

1. G-MONEY

G-MONEY International Playboy

Infotainment
    Cycling-International arrest warrant issued against Landis

PARIS, Feb 15 (Reuters) - A French judge has issued an
    international arrest warrant against American rider Floyd Landis
    for suspected hacking into an anti-doping laboratory computer,
    French anti-doping agency head Pierre Bordry told Reuters on
    Monday.
    "French judge (Thomas) Cassuto from the Tribunal de Grande
    Instance of Nanterre informed us that he had issued an
    international arrest warrant on Jan. 28 against Floyd Landis,
    who tested positive for banned testosterone during the 2006 Tour
    de France, after our laboratory computer system was hacked,"
    Bordry said in an interview.
    REUTERS

2. alex(K)

alex(K) Member

hmmm..

I really don't know what to believe... I read his book which (obviously) makes a good case for his innocence. Then again i wouldn't be surprised if they were all on something or other.

3. ghixon

ghixon Look Ma - No hands!

Sales
    More trouble for Floyd

Arrest Warrant Filed For Floyd Landis

PARIS - A French judge has issued an international arrest warrant for U.S. cyclist Floyd Landis in connection with a case of data hacking at a doping laboratory, France's anti-doping chief said Monday.

Pierre Bordry told The Associated Press that French judge Thomas Cassuto is seeking to question Landis about computer hacking dating back to September 2006 at the Chatenay-Malabry lab. Months earlier, the laboratory near Paris had uncovered abnormally elevated testosterone levels in Landis' samples collected in the run-up to his 2006 Tour de France victory.

Landis was stripped of his title and banned for two years.

The American cyclist unsuccessfully challenged the drug test results before an arbitration hearing in California , claiming that computer files were mishandled and erased.

"Landis used the hacked files for his defense, that's how we discovered the whole scheme," Bordry said. "He wanted to show that the lab made mistakes in the handling of the tests."

The French judge, who is based in the Paris suburb of Nanterre, issued the warrant Jan. 28 because Landis did not respond to a summons in November, Bordry said.
    Bordry added that Cassuto also issued an international warrant for Arnie Baker, a retired doctor and longtime Landis coach and adviser.

4. Zippy

Zippy Small, but Mighty

Endurance Coach
    Home Page:
    Whoa! :eek:

5. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics
    Floyd isn't innocent and the French are looking to make an example/scapegoat out of him.

Old news.

6. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

So he is an incredible cyclist and excellent hacker, I am impressed.:lol:

7. Lovin

Lovin Calmer 'n you are

He's the Napolean Dynamite of cycling.

Next thing you know, he'll have drawn a sweet picture of a Liger.

8. AtOurGates

AtOurGates New Member

Aww - I know he can be a prick, but I've always had a soft-spot for Floyd. Probably because - back before his tour "win", the first article I read about him was the Outside profile that focused on his background coming from an Amish family.

I think the part that got me was the story of his parent's opposition. Apparently his father didn't want him to cycle, so he'd tell Floyd he couldn't go biking until he finished all the chores, then give him 16-hours worth of chores. So, Floyd would do 16-hours worth of chores, then bike at night.

Since then, the guy's done some pretty prick'ish things (including walking away from his table at the Redlands Classic while I was still in line for an autograph ;) ), but it's also not hard for me to believe that the French have it out for him.

9. rojomas

rojomas A.K.A The Oxx

I don't have an opinion on his guilt or innocence, but I could see why the French might frame Landis. Lance dominated the tour for 7 years (in a race the French are fanatical about) then an other American wins the tour right after Lance retires. I'm sure they where livid that another american won.

Plus, elevated testosterone compared to who? The average French man? :-s :lol:

10. ManInAShed

ManInAShed New Member

Destroyer of worlds.
    I knew Floyd was a fast cyclist, but who knew he was also an international spy and elite hacker criminal mastermind? A man of seemingly endless talents!

Where does he find the time?

11. Fewinhibitions

LMAO!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

12. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    He can tell the French to f--- off. The French have suspicions not evidence. In America he could take plead the 5th. I don't want to set a precedent by sending anyone to where he has fewer rights.

13. QiKss

QiKss Marcy Ranch Crip

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HILARIOUS!

14. ifouiripilay

ifouiripilay New Member

ICU Registered Nurse
    Landis is a wanted man!?

PARIS - An international arrest warrant has been issued for bicycling champ Floyd Landis of Temecula.

A French judge issued the warrant, saying Landis is suspected of hacking into laboratory computers for France's anti-doping agency.

Landis, who frequently rides in San Diego, finished first in the 2006 Tour de France, but was stripped of his victory for failing a drug test during the competition.

France's anti-doping agency director, Pierre Bordry, says* "French judge (Thomas) Cassuto from the Tribunal de Grande Instance of Nanterre informed us that he had issued an international arrest warrant on January 28 against Floyd Landis, who tested positive for banned testosterone during the 2006 Tour de France, after our laboratory computer system was hacked,"

Bordry told The Associated Press on Monday that French judge Thomas Cassuto is seeking to question Landis about computer hacking dating back to September 2006.

Bordry says computers at the Chatenay-Malabry laboratory were breached by hackers who took data in a bid to discredit the lab.

Landis won the 2006 Tour de France but was disqualified and banned for two years when doping tests revealed abnormally elevated testosterone levels. The samples were analyzed at the Chatenay-Malabry lab.

15. Fewinhibitions

16. Silver

Silver New Member

Ha! Gitmo ring a bell?

Realistically, this is only going to be a problem for Landis in Europe, and France specifically. He's not heading there to race anytime soon.

17. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Maybe it was Floyd's old manager again who did the hacking. The one who was crank calling Greg Lemond pretending to be the uncle that molested him as a child?

I have no idea how the UCI runs their testing labs. But coming from Quality background for Pharmaceuticals everything I hear about their methodolgy (now this too) is baffling.

18. Rob

Rob Active Member

Bike Mechanic at Rock n Road n MV
    http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/02/16/floyd-landis-denies-hacking-charges/

In response to the arrest warrant issued by French Judge Thomas Cassuto for alleged computer hacking, Floyd Landis has denied the allegations and says he has not been contacted by the court.

In an email to the Los Angeles Times, Landis states: “I can’t speak for Arnie, but no attempt has been made to formally contact me. It appears to be another case of fabricated evidence by a French lab who is still upset a United States citizen believed he should have the right to face his accusers and defend himself.”

Then he took the liberty to jab them a bit: “But certainly I hope it’s not lost on anyone that it is a grand admission to having substandard computers at their self-proclaimed ‘nation’s best lab.”

The electronic paper trail that led to an investigation and current arrest warrant claims to lead to Landis’ former coach Arnie Baker’s computer address. However, a computer security consultant quoted in the LA Times says there’s likely more to the story and suggests there may be an internal third party that could have shared their computer access.

Landis, who started racing for Team OUCH last year after his doping ban expired, is currently without a team and therefore unable to race in any of the bigger Tours or Classics. He has said he only plans on racing domestically this year.

19. deja vu

deja vu done dirt cheap!

Inspector Jacques Clouseau: The good-cop/bad-cop routine is working perfectly.
    Ponton: You know, usually two different cops do that.

Attached Files:

20. BAD_S197

BAD_S197 New Member

EMT
    F the French.

They are always out to make an example of someone because they are shitty examples themselves.