Another Dead Body on Fullerton Loop

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Sweetpea, Jan 1, 2010.

1. minhster

minhster DNF'd

You were obviously too tired since that cop on the dirt bike was wearing FULL motorcycle cop uniform (cop helmet and cop boots and full black police uniform) and the dirt bike was black and white as well! :lol:

2. Taco Jack

Taco Jack New Member

Yes does anyone know what happened ?

3. Ladd Jasper

Ladd Jasper Full speed, half blind

I guarantee that within 30 seconds of any information being released, it will be posted here by 12-15 people.

4. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

whooOAHh!! for once NO one posted back!! WOOHOOOOO!!!:lol::bang::clap::lol::bang::bang::bang:

effen drama queensS!!

5. downhiller23

downhiller23 RACE FACE RIDER

chrashing duh!
    shouldn't someone have figured this out by now ?:?:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
  6. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

Does it really matter?? :?:

Common sense would dictate that if there was a danger(ie: homicide) at the Loop then we would have probably heard more info on it. May have been self inflicted, which would indicate there is no danger on the Loop for trail users.

The media usually does not report on suicides.

7. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Active Member

Auto inspection
    we live in a very sad world. What now.

8. hendra

hendra New Member

A coworker of mine who rides in Fully loop sent me this obituary in Fullerton Observer.

RIP

Attached Files:

9. slowSSer

slowSSer ali'i hua

Project Scientist
    thanks for posting this- james was actually a friend of a friend and i had met him a few times. your conclusions about him are spot on- a upright young fellow with a promising future.

10. Livepe

Livepe New Member

Very heartbreaking to read about the 18 year old kid. I am so happy the neighbor took the time to write the obituary. Now we know a little bit about him. I will think of him every time I ride under the bridge. I hope he is resting in peace.

Teri

11. Livepe

Livepe New Member

I was able to find out a little more about John Krull. After reading the obituary written by Jayni Petsas, I felt so bad for John. The kid never had a chance. I found out he lived in an abusive environment. The mother killed the father and went to prison. While in prison, she commited suicide. John was in the foster care system from age Nine. He remained at the county morgue for several weeks before his bilogical brother (age 20) claimed him. John was separated from his siblings at age nine. At age 18, he was released from the foster care system and has lived homeless. The bridge where he was found was the place he felt most safe and comfortable. He was picked up on new years eve by the police. He told them he had taken a large amount of Tylenol PM. They admitted him to St. Judes. He left on his own once, and was picked up again, then left again and was found dead.

This is a very tragic story for such a young boy, especially for us who have raised children.

We are planning to put up a memorial for John under the bridge. The tentative date is 2/6 @ 4 pm, then we will have dinner at Angelo and Vinci's. Still need to confirm the date. My friend's nine year old son made a memorial cross for John. Jayni notified the paper and they want to do a story on John.

Anyone is welcome to attend. Once I get the dates confirmed I will post.

We all pass under that bridge when we ride the loop. It would be nice to think about John when we do so.

12. Ladd Jasper

Ladd Jasper Full speed, half blind

Livepe, your efforts to see that this boy is remembered are truly touching and inspiring. Thank you very much. I will be there if at all possible.

13. Livepe

Livepe New Member

Thanks, if it weren't for the obituary posted on this link I would have never contacted Jayni. This story has really touched me and many of my friends. Also forgot to mention, Jayni told me he had such a gentle soul and was very artistic. I will post more info once I get confirmation.

Teri

14. Heyitsdave

Heyitsdave Member

15. Livepe

Livepe New Member

How did you get the article? It is wasn't suppose to in the Register until Sunday?

Thanks for posting this.

There will be a memorial on 3/14 at 4:00 pm under the bridge. My friend's son built a cross. Jayni is asking anyone who shows up to bring a red rose and a red balloon. We plan to go to Angelo and Vinci's after.

I will post information once it's all confirmed.

Andrew from the Register wants to attend as well. He actually did a lot of research to get the information for the article. Jayni also provided all she knows. Still very sad.
    Teri

16. bharer75

bharer75 New Member

EMT/ Going into Marine Corps Fire
    You guys gotta understand that the media and the sheriffs blotter do not cover everything that happens. I could go on for a while about the various reasons why but ill hit the baseline. It's depressing to know everything that happens daily in cities. From Ladera Ranch to L.A. you will see at most half of what goes on. I know this involved a case of an 18 y.o kid but in the big picture theres more where that came from and even the thought is unsettling. Some variables include inadequade info due to an ongoing police investigations and reasonable confidentialities. Others include politics and so on. The reason why other detectives have not heard of the case immediately is because fullerton is a big city, with plenty of cases to go around. What we think of as news is a regular occurence for the police.

To the young boy who didn't deserve to not have a chance. May he rest in peace.

17. Livepe

Livepe New Member

Hello,

Wanted to let anyone interested know there will be a memorial for John Krall on March 14th @ 4:00 pm. The address for the memorial is 2720 Harbor Blvd, but I thought it was gong to be under the bridge where he was found. I will get more info.

This would have been his 19th B-day. Jayni, a friend who knew him, had a write up about him in the OC Register (link below). After the article was published, they were able to raise enough money to pay for his headstone.

After the memorial, all are welcome to dinner at Florentine's 101 Harbor Blvd.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/john-232854-krall-police.html

[​IMG]

18. Livepe

Livepe New Member

I've posted a few photos of the memorial for John Krall. It was very nice. It was a beautiful day. Jayni (who was a neighbor of John's) placed hearts and balloons along the bridge on Harbor. A few friends who had known him said a few words. A minister talked about John, then a prayer. Jayni had two doves, one for John's mother and one for John. The only family members who attended were the Aunt and Uncle who tried to take care of John, but ended up homeless as well. They both said a few words about John.

After the memorial on Harbor, we walked down to the railroad tracks under the bridge and placed a memorial cross, candles and flowers. Everyone sang Happy Birthday to John. Today was his 19th B-day.

Please check out the memorial if you pass under the bridge by the tracks at the Fully Loop. The memorial is on the left once you pass under the bridge.

Attached Files:

19. Crazygramma

Crazygramma New Member

medical technologist, retired
    I also attended the memorial today. It was quite moving, and beautifully done. It's even more sad to think of all the other kids out there who slip through the cracks, or just get such a raw deal in life. Thanks Livepe for taking such an interest and encouraging me to come. I hope his memorial cross will be there for a long time.