Another Dead Body on Fullerton Loop

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Sweetpea, Jan 1, 2010.

1. 26'er Zen Master

26'er Zen Master S.F.B

Doggie dentals
    Home Page:
    Anyone get an info on this?

2. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    I have a very good friend who works for the City of Fullerton and she contacted some of her friends who are FPD and not one had heard of this incident....she even looked at the police blotter.....not saying it didn't happen (yet) but I find it VERY odd that no media or local PD know anything of this incident...

3. Heyitsdave

Heyitsdave Member

Crawling with Cops that morning.

4. Angels Fan

Angels Fan New Member

I was out there riding today and at 5:15 we hit the RR tracks where supposedly the body was found on new years and at the water puddle where you have to rude on the board along the tracks there was a guy on a dirt bike riding down there and waited for us to get off the board then he hopped up there himself and rode along! He was wearing a helmet so couldn't see what he looked like but he had a bright orange jacket on. I didn't see any markings on the bike or his clothes saying anything about a police agency. Do you think it was law enforcement out there or just a guy on a dirtbike??

5. aznpg

aznpg Banned

i remember a day after thanksgiving me and my friends were riding at fullerton loop and there was a fullerton pd on a dirtbike with a orange yellow jacket riding an unmarked dirtbike only knew it was a cop cause the front of the jackeet was opened up and saw his badge

6. 26'er Zen Master

26'er Zen Master S.F.B

Doggie dentals
    Home Page:
    I have some inquires to the FFD as well but no one seems to know about this. I am guessing that the boy found was under 18 keeping info from being made public. this is just a guess. but i find it hard to believe this didnt happen

7. Old and in the Way

Old and in the Way New Member

Found out the news today.

Young man 18 or so with known mental problems. They dont think he jumped from bridge. No stand out cause at this point. Waiting for coroner/ toxic report.

Was in hospital at one point . Explains the bracelet.

Sad hearing this kind of news about someone so young . However the good news is there is not a stalker on the trails.

8. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    If he was under 18 they would still have a report of the incident as public info....they just hold back the name of minors until the parents are notified.....BUT some how this post has the kids name???????

9. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Member

family law attorney
    This post doesn't have the kid's name. I withheld it. The only reason that I know it is because my friend read it on the poor kid's bracelet when he called it in to the police. I guess there are circumstances where they don't make these things public.

10. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    That was my bad....I misread....when it said Steve's name I thought it was the kids name....guess I should read slower...

I still find it ODD that the FPD doesn't acknowledge the call for a DB on Fully Loop....

Where did you get your info? This story is driving me and my friend who works for the City crazy

11. Taco Jack

Taco Jack New Member

I can tell you for a fact this is a true story . I rode by the body Friday morning . As the investigation was going on .

12. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm not saying you didn't see what you think you saw......WE are wondering why when we speak to our friends in the FPD and FFD they know NOTHING or haven't heard anything about a dead body found on the RR tracks....it's not like we are just everyday Joes asking questions....these are people w/ socialize w/ who work in the depts....we are also wondering why NO media has a story....what is the cover up?

13. Johnnyfattire

Johnnyfattire Member

Electrician
    I don't mean to be insincere but, maybe the hospital did a body dump?

14. Heyitsdave

Heyitsdave Member

As I rode under the Harbor Blvd. overpass, there were a pair of cyclists in front of me, a little further up,about 5 police officers standing around, some in suits and others in uniform. One of the cops was pulling down caution tape blocking off the trail/RR tracks near the road along the golf course right as we rode through. Up on the street a few black and whites and a couple white unmarked cars. Crawling with cops I'd say.

15. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    I finally found a person w/ the FPD that verified the story....now I want to know why a DB is found and the newspapers didn't care....I guess they only give a shit if the body is missing and could be alive:?:

16. pdmoore

pdmoore New Member

FWIW my friend in West LA heard about it before I did that morning and was asking me if it was true - not sure how she heard about it. I rode through there that afternoon and didn't notice anything unusual at all.

This is further evidence of the irrelevance of the traditional media - it being a holiday weekend and crappy local coverage probably don't help either.

17. profnachos

profnachos Member

software engineer
    Bodies belonging to less fortunate members of our society turn up all the time, and how often do you hear about them? If he was a homeless kid who died of drug overdose, nobody in the media would be interested in that. If there was foul play, that would be a different story, but the lack of media interest indicates that it wasn't.

In contrast, the death of a handsome college baseball player with a promising future made national headlines.

18. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    I wasn't referring to the TV media about this....I wouldn't expect them to cover it b/c as stated bodies turn up all the time....I was surprised that the OC Register didn't have a story and a couple FPD detectives hadn't even heard about it....

The reason the other kids story got picked up is b/c it started as a missing person story....

19. profnachos

profnachos Member

software engineer
    That is pretty odd. I agree. Bodies don't turn up very often in places like Fullerton, one would think it would be a big deal.

Well, my original point still stands. When less fortunate members of our society go "missing," nobody misses them, so they don't get to be in a missing person story in the first place. God knows for how long this kid went "missing," probably because nobody reported him as a missing person.

But your point is well taken. When a story starts out as a missing person case, it tends garner a lot of attention.

20. profnachos

profnachos Member

software engineer
    Does anyone have an update on this? The silence from the local media and law enforcement is a little unsettling.