Aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Big Guy, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Big Guy

Big Guy New Member

Engineer
    I just bought those DangerBoys CNC green anodized brake levers. It was a special order from The Path. When Karl called me, he said "just bring you bike and we'll put it on". I declined the offer, I like to do as much as I can on the bike.

Well, the left lever went pretty easiely.I love how the lever feels, it is shorter than the original lever. It looks good too. I used to program CNC machines in the Aerospace industry for years, so I can appreciate the craftmanship of these levers.

so, by the time I get to the right lever, I get the small 2mm allen key in the screw connected to the piston and... turn it counter-clockwize, but it is hard. :mad: I spray some WD40 and press harder. :mad::mad:And then it just strips..., the screw with the hole for the allen key is cracked and there is no more shape for the allen. #-o

result, I will take the bike to Karl and get him to change the whole brake handle. :rolleyes:

Did, I mentionned that I had a couple of beers:beer: before I started working on the bike. the moral of this story: Don't drink and drive a 2mm Allen Key...

2. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    :lol: I've stripped a few bolts here and there also. It's no fun!
    :beer:

3. Big Guy

Big Guy New Member

Engineer
    Important note to add, because you are screwing from the bottom of the screw, to loose it up, you need to go clockwize. So because it was already screwed to the bottom, going counterclockwize was the wrong thing to do.

nothing worst than a drunk engineer