A situation developing in Aliso Woods & Need your Help!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by OMR, May 17, 2007.

1. guero

guero iFroth

espn classics has granted your wishes. i forget when its on, but i've watched it a few times over the last couple of weeks. todd christiansen has the ultimate curly haired mullet and was probably the worst choice the producers could have made to have him be a host.(maybe it was planned that way). one of our asst. principles in high school was the ref and one time he had the "gladiators" come to a pep rally and kinda work over a few of the football players, it was rad.

2. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    ESPN Classic

If you want to see reruns go watch it on ESPN Classic. I was watching it the other night and I remember when I was 16 I thought the show was pretty cool. I watched one show recently and was laughing my arze off.

3. m210

m210 New Member

art director, designer
    Home Page:
    i was out in aliso this morning, and noticed many small 5'-10' berms being worn into the sides of the main trail on the way to cholla. i think i counted 9 between the entrance to coyote run and the bottom of cholla. they're very small and basically big enough to ride your front wheel in/onto, and then immediately turn back to the main fire road.
    my goal is not to tell others where/how to ride, but i'm really concerned about the damage from high traffic that aliso is having lately. i've seen it really change over the last few months.
    please remember that the rangers are watching us closely, and these little trail extensions seem small, but are having a big impact.

4. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    I have seen a LOT more people riding UP the shoulder(P-line) than down....

I hope they don't shut it down totally b/c that is my FAV trail at AW

5. project_d

project_d Steve Peat Wannabe

I work in a wine shop, so I get paid to drink...ni
    I have to agree; I haven't noticed it either. Seems to me the like down the middle is quicker anyways.

6. guero

guero iFroth

can you explain more about the "big impact" these small berms are having? i've seen them along the main fireroad heading back and perhaps i'm naive, but i'd like to know what harm they are doing. they generally dont extend out into the grass/brush that lines the trail.

7. m210

m210 New Member

art director, designer
    Home Page:
    its pretty easy to understand, really.
    it impacts the trails by widening and damaging them in a way thats not necessary or intended. it impacts the rangers in a negative way who from what i understand, are already irritated by all the illegal trail poaching.
    all i'm saying is that small things add up. are these threating some endangered species? not to my knowledge, but its not helping our cause either.

keep in mind that our actions on the trails are being watched. thats all i'm saying.

8. jruiz

jruiz Member

I remember that most of those who were riding the edges up the fireroad(myself included) was because there was a big patch of sand there. I haven't ridden there for quite a while and don't know if there is still sand there.

9. el cap

el cap Active Member

Aliso Trails

I can't believe they are finally opening Car Wreck. I can't wait to ride it. Wow. I never knew there was a ridable trail on Aliso Creek (east); I know there is that bee-honey thing going on over there, but I never knew there was a ridable trail. I will need to check that one out.

P.S. Does anyone know if there are going to open that trail just south (200 yards towards Aliso Beach) from Meadows. Also, what about the trail on the other side of Car Wreck while going down Mathis?

10. DownhillWebKook

DownhillWebKook l'homme plus

IT Architect
    Home Page:
    Does the plan include...

1. One-way trails (up only or down only)?
    2. Berms?
    3. Wall rides?
    4. Skinnies, Ladders & Bridges?
    5. Tables, Doubles & Triples?
    6. Whoops?
    If not, then let's do a little red-lining and add that stuff in.

11. OMR

OMR Old Man Riding...

Realtor
    Unfortunately, grasshopper

Although we'd all love to see that kind of stuff in Aliso Woods...you're talking about a County Park... ain't gonna happen. :(

OMR