A little promising....

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by paulbschmidt, Apr 27, 2009.

1. paulbschmidt

paulbschmidt KNEEL BEFORE ZOD

Vice President of Loaded Precision Products, speci
    Home Page:
    So after my shopping outing at The Path Sunday morning...then coming back to help my daughter learn to clean her chain and do some of her own maintenance on her Trek, this whole cast / broken elbow / not able to ride thing really started getting me down.

Good news though. Today was the first full day without needing any pain meds. And to top it off, when I got home from the office today, I was out in the garage sitting on the rig and testing my grip on the left hand side. Pretty sore to wrap my hand around the bar and a little difficult in the cast, but I did about 25 grip flexs and was expecting to hit the roof tonight in pain.

Nada. Zilch. Zip.

Makes me encouraged about the healing process and my path back on the bike. According to the doc, I wasn't supposed to be able to grip anything fully until about three weeks after surgery. Tomorrow will be one.

Think the bike gods are sending me strong vibes to get back.

Of course sitting in my garage like a one armed bike thief and taking the impact of a trail are quite far apart, but I will take the encouraging start. If I can go the rest of the night without needing the vicodin, we're in business.

I'll keep ya posted.

By the way, my 10-year old sported her "Love the Bike You Ride - Path" shirt to school today. My wifes comment as my daddys girl left the house to ride to school?

"Be careful on the way to school. Don't go breaking anything like your father."

Charming.

PS