A few comments

Discussion in 'Website discussion' started by mcgrath, Feb 27, 2006.

1. mcgrath

mcgrath *.*

irrigation designer
    Yo George. I'm sure you have a ton of better things to be working on, but..... Two things, can you change the Logo at the top (SocalTrailRiders) to send me back to the front page rather than the forms page?

Secondly, what are your plans for the "most recent post" section on the front page. I really liked it way back when you could see who the most recent post was by rather than who started the thread.:protest: :protest: :protest:

I may be the only one, but please change the top logo. Thanks man.

Pat

P.S. All of this is if you have time. I know what it's like to be in school, designing a web page, with a girlfriend, full time job, trying to mtb as much as possible and drinking beer and jack. Wait... no I have no idea what that is like. Get some sleep.

So, when you get around to it.

2. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    I agree with Pat, having the most recent post made on the home page like it was before really makes keeping up with recent posts much easier. The way it is now not only just tells you who made the most recent post but it doesn't rotate upon new posts.

3. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Thanks for the feedback, Pat and Rob.

Changed the link on the logo to take you back to the homepage.

The recent posts thing will be a bit harder to do since I probably have to create a custom script to do that (the one from before only worked with phpBB).

In the meantime though, I added a "new posts" link on the forums navigation bar which shows you all the new posts since your last visit. Another thing you can do is drop down the 'quick links' menu and click on todays posts.

Let me know if the new posts link helps out.

4. mcgrath

mcgrath *.*

irrigation designer
    Thanks for changing the top logo George. Like I said before though, don't kill yourself trying to do it.

I've been out of the STR loop for a while. Up until yesterday it was probably 4-5 weeks since my last post. The changes you have made to the site are awesome. I love the drop down menus and the options you have when you click on a user. Very slick stuff. Keep up the good work.

You are a heck of a man doing a heck of a job. :clap: