A bit of STR history and nostalgia

Discussion in 'Website discussion' started by LBmtb, Jul 2, 2006.

1. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
  2. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

software development
    Wow Gonz, thanks for the link! that was a great read.
    Way to persevere. Though I'm mostly a lurker here on STR I can totally tell this site is way more active than the socal forum over there. Keep up the great work :beer: :bang:

3. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    You are the man that should be thanked George! The site has come a long way yes, but more importantly I've met a LOT of great people and a few who are good friends now :beer:

4. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

i'm not sure how i came across this site, but i can tell you that its a lot better then socal MTBR forum. plus all the people i've met here are pretty cool and good riders

5. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    I used to go to that "socal bikesite" which was darn near worthless by the time I got there. I tried to find people to ride with but it didn't look like anyone was posting there much any more. Plus the interface sucks.

MTBR is better but the socal site is not very active. I think that EpicMtnBiker showed me the way to this place from that socal bikesite so it's not all bad. :) This is my favorite bike site now. In fact, I guess I accessed it so much that I managed to get it banned from my work servers. The filters won't let me get on anymore. Oh well. Guess I'll have to just do it from home now and try to get more work done or something.

6. ECOdork

ECOdork (R.I.P.) Pope of Chili Town

State Biologist
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, nice work gonz!:clap:
    This site really sweetened my time in SoCal with killer rides and cool catz! :bang:

7. bananaseat

bananaseat Member

word....

8. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    It's a teatament to all your hard work George. The problem with some of the other sites were that they were a business venture first and that took away from some of the enthusiasm. You do a good job of making sure the flamers and haters know they are being watched.I personally thank you and I'm sure most others do to. Keep up the excellent work.

9. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Hard work pays off! Way to stick with it Gonz, and I even got to contribute some design to it, just like my post on the MTBR thread said, lol.

10. FoShizzle

FoShizzle New Member

paper pusher
    this site is great!

i particularly love it cause that ahole aquaholic from mtbr does not frequent it. lets just hope it stays that way!

11. Aquaholic

Aquaholic YAY..PleasantVille!

Puzzled?

FoShizzle:

I've always wondered why you and Aquaholic hate each other so much?

You two seem to go at it a lot on MTBR.

12. PacMan

PacMan New Member

Wow, I can't believe it's been that long. I remember reading those posts on MTBR. I joined up here right away and was pretty much just a "lurker" for quite awhile. Since most of you guys are OC'ers and such, I didn't post a lot. But, I really like the group here--even though I've never met any of you. Everyone here is real cool and helpful when it comes to giving opinions and advice. Also, the info shared is pretty good. Seeing pics of all the rides and hearing the stories is good stuff too.

Keep up the good work.

13. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Thanks to everyone for the comments, it means a lot to me. STR has honestly grown and evolved to become much more then I could have ever imagined. Aldo and I were talking about what biking without STR would be like for us and he suggested that we might be riding solo. [-( This has been worth the time and effort 100 times over - can't imagine not having so many cool people to ride with and so many new friends.
    And . . . it's only going to get better :wave: Here's to friends, good times, and good riding :beer:

14. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

fooo sure big ballaaa!!!:bang: u know I gotzz yO back!!! 8) and I agree riding w/STR has trully changed the way I started riding the dirt a few years back. i never tough I'll be riding a SS!! and look what happen. :D Here's :beer: 2 more fun and more cool catzz to hang with! ride hard monkeys!!!:clap:

15. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    Y'know after all this backslapping, I just want to say that there is one glaring deficiency on this website... emoticons. Just not enough of them. The same old one's get used all the time. I think we need more emoticons badly. Other than that, the website's okay, I guess. ;)

16. CC

CC V.P. Kickstand Inspection

unemployed, Sales Exec for a Steel company
    Great job George, it's amazing what can be accomplished when you have a vision and take that first step into the great unknow to putting it into action. And I'm fortunate to have met you as well as a lot of other great people here, and you guys keep me pumped up for the next awsome ride. Thank you!

17. roadkillross

roadkillross New Member

helen's cycles
    Home Page:

you can use a website called www.vtunnel.com for doing blocked stuff at work or school trust me it works

18. Juliius

Juliius New Member

mortgage, real estate broker
    I just hooked up with you guys a little while back ... and ended up doing the Cannell Plunge ride with ya'll. Everyone was great company - good to meet all of you & it is definitely nice to have a site that's more devoted to actually getting out there and riding. Although most of you are in OC and I'm in San Diego - there's still lots of trails that are relatively "local". Great job!!