Race Report 8/30 Over The Hump Series Finale

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by lucky13biker, Aug 30, 2011.

1. skirt_count455

skirt_count455 New Member

Wow, what a season. I don't even know where to begin really. I really want to thank Mike and everyone over at Fullerton Bikes for all they do and for being great guys and always having fun.

Dino, who is just one of the coolest dudes you will ever meet and damn good cheerleader. This wouldn't have happened for me without you guys so thanks again.

John and Matt, you guys were awesome hosts and made every night a blast. I cannot wait for next year, wonderful job to you and your staff!

Everyone here at STR, it was a pleasure to meet each and everyone of you and I know we will see each other out on the trails. It really is amazing how many great people I have met during the last 12 races, just freakin' incredible. All of the things I learned about riding and the MTB community are amazing as well. I cannot wait for the pictures from last night :)

Once again, thank you all!

2. Todd

Todd Member

Just want to add my thanks to all those who organized the OTH races this year and who volunteered to make the race so great and family friendly. Irvine Lake is a great place to hang out with family and friends every Tuesday night! I'm already looking forward to next year.

3. choyado

choyado New Member

Bike builder
    OTH is a great race series. I just started to take racing seriously this year and OTH is the first series that I have completed. The competition was stiff and the atmosphere was amazing. Expert racers beware...I'm coming for you next year!!!! :lol: Thanks to everyone who helped make OTH happen!

Jeremiah Smith

4. manny manny

manny manny New Member

electrician
    thanks dino. I do feel pretty lucky. lucky to have such an awesome group of mt bike friends and family. Its been an awesome 12 weeks. I've had a blast, I cant wait for next year. thanks to everyone on the str crew,the fullerton bike crew and mike for all the support. hey, i didnt get to bring a trophy home but a 50$ gift card, ist too shabby. lol...

5. JSD

JSD Member

order desk
    Had a really good time doing the race series. Wanted to thank John & Matt and all the volunteers for their work in putting this together. Dino, Thomas and all the cheering section, and the STR family. I will definitely be back next year.
    Can't wait till May 2012. May have to find something else to do until then. Good to meet new people and friends.

6. Zulu

Zulu New Member

Dang I missed the whole OTH races. Well I guess I can start training for next year. Look out ya'all!

7. MnMDan

MnMDan Member

Coolest thing I saw while freight-training with some single-speeders on the flat on the far side of the course on lap three last night...a Junior Beginner running flat out with a flat rear tire so he could finish the race...never did see him come in, but he could have just as easily turned around whenever the flat happened and walked it back to the start.

And the prize packages for the series podium places, pint glasses, sponsor giveaways, etc. don't happen unless everyone turns out and has fun at the races. Thanks to everyone for making it fun.

The downside...Matt says I have to race Expert next year...man that's gonna hurt even more than finishing mid-pack every week this year.

8. thomaswildchild

thomaswildchild Active Member

I am a Machinist
    Home Page:
    Where do I start?

It was a great series, lots of good people, and it was an all around good time!

I hope to ride with some of you guys soon!

Ryan thinking "what did I get myself into?"
    [​IMG]

The man, Minus the cow bell!
    [​IMG]
    I dont think he owns a shirt with sleeves.... LOL.
    [​IMG]
    lucky13biker aka Dave(#47 that I know) and his shy lady.
    [​IMG]
    JSD and what could be his brother!
    [​IMG]
    Mr. Ledville100 himself COW
    [​IMG]
    FullertonMIKE
    [​IMG]
    Jojohn!
    [​IMG]
    a legend and someone who thinks he is one.
    [​IMG]
    Zioncoming aka Former F&M bigshot! now Bigger shot!
    [​IMG]

9. thomaswildchild

I am a Machinist
    Home Page:
    part 2

Kid A made an apperance. Good to see you again adam!

[​IMG]

DOES THIS MAKE MY BUT LOOK BIG????
    [​IMG]

Krunner44 aka KIMPOSSIBLE aka Kimmi
    [​IMG]

Rodgerdodger loves to hate on me because he rode a geared bike for oth and LOVED IT more than single speed!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wasn't going to post any actual ride photos because I've done that every week but Ill post this one,
    its Ted posch. This guy is an animal and my newest hero! I'm glad ted is back riding and having fun on
    his bike!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dude don't take a picture!
    [​IMG]

"LA" Actually riding pretty fast. now we just have to get him on a DH bike! :clap::clap:
    [​IMG]

manny manny and his lady Jill.
    [​IMG]

10. thomaswildchild

I am a Machinist
    Home Page:
    Part 3 of the 3 part triology, REVENGE OF THE OTH PHOTOGRAPHER, LOL

Dispite all the "ISH" we gave this guy he pulled it off. Now if we can just get him to step it up a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :clap::clap::clap:

Wendy took 3rd over all in her cat.
    [​IMG]
    :clap::clap::clap:

Oth Superstar Amy. I wonder how long it will take FullertonMIKE to get her to ride a FB Jersey????
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Proud moment? I THINK SO!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stick to your day job bryan! LOL
    [​IMG]

And finally! Kimmi got so GNAR on the course she litterally split her number plate in half!
    [​IMG]

Forgot to add the link to the rest!
    Here you go!
    http://s770.photobucket.com/albums/xx345/thomswildchild/OTHfinal/

Soon Ill have all the pictures from this season up for free. Not now though. It will take a while to get that situated!

11. wraschke

wraschke New Member

Student
    Last night was probably the first time ive had fun at oth this summer. I put a lot of pressure on myself after having such a successful cross season so i wanted to continue that success and lost sight of what Tuesday night racing was all about, fun. That's it. I came in 8th last night and learned a valuable lesson that have fun with the things you do and you'll be surprised with the outcomes. Props to john and matt for putting on a race series that week after week sees 300 people racing and suffering together. I finished 4th overall not bad for last night being the year marker of my racing on the mountain. I wont be racing oth next year or if i race it wont with much consistency. I've already decided im racing the breck epic and leadville so that's going to take alot of time. But I know once may rolls around i'll get the itch for an hour of hot, dusty torture. hahaha. Thanks to everyone. I've made some good friends from it.

12. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

As soon as Kimmy zoomed by us with a busted number plate, I CLEARLY remember telling someone next to me, "did you see that? Did you see Kimmy's number plate? Her plate is broken in half. Nothing hotter than a female racing with a broken number plate." :) :lol:

-You had to be there
    -It was funny at the time
    -I don't recall ever seeing a woman ride with a broken number plate before
    -She was pretty fast (racing with the broken plate)

P.S.- I miss not having Hotchkiss at the final few races.
    Not the same... :(

13. Fullerton Mike

Fullerton Mike I LOVE BIKES!

Here is one more reason why I love over the Hump, There is a lot of faces in the crowds, for that matter, Some of the best racers in the world at one point in their life. If you grew up in the 80's on a BMX bike, Watching Supercross or hanging out on the IJSBA, (International Jet ski boating ast tour) you might know who a few of these guys are, Not too many events were you can get that much clout!

See if you know who they are???

[​IMG]
    Screen shot 2011-08-31 at 9.07.05 PM by Fullerton Bikes, on Flickr
    This guy is so fast still today! and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet

[​IMG]
    Screen shot 2011-08-31 at 9.09.31 PM by Fullerton Bikes, on Flickr
    Another SUPER FAST guy and has a NORBA title or two

[​IMG]
    Screen shot 2011-08-31 at 9.14.22 PM by Fullerton Bikes, on Flickr
    The winningest MTB of all time

[​IMG]
    Untitled by Fullerton Bikes, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    A true ambassador of the sport of BMX and was always the "peoples Champ"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This guy is soo nice you just want to hug him! He is also Dino's #1 fullerton rider!

[​IMG]
    This is guy is as strong as they come when it comes to racing his MTB! Also, he make the best clothing on the market He did all of our stuff for many years!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This guy is no slacker when it come to racing! He was an ISJBA world record holder for years. Also carried many pro number 1 titles and is one of the most thankful guys you will ever meet

[​IMG]
    Another IJSBA pro that was a slasher on the course

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you had anything EVER to do with BMX you know who this is......

[​IMG]

Best DH Female ever!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the grand daddy of all, One of my closest friends, As Dino says " You know your cool when they have a bike named after you. TOP THAT"

At one point all of the people above were at a OTH either racing or just hanging out!

14. Giddy

Giddy Member

Heavy Equipment Mechanic
    Wow it's over, had a great time, big thanks to STR, OTH CREW & Fullerton bikes also congratulation to all riders can't wait until next year in the sport class happy trails everyone!!!!

15. Dino Brown

Mikey is soooooooooooo not kidding!
    (we were bumping shoulders with LIVING LEGENDS and didn't even know it)

Seems like every week Mikey would say, "hey, you know who that was?" I responded no. "That was _____." Every freakin' week he would introduce me/us to another legend!

The most AWESOME part of these introductions was the fact Mikey has maintained these relationships for 20, 25, 30, 35 years! :clap:

Celebrity Highlight of the Year!
    I was called-over to a 3 person group. Mikey threw me under the bus by asking if I knew who the (attractive) woman standing next to him was. I said no! 8-[ He asked if I knew who Leigh Donovan was. Uhhhhh..... 8-[ (Leigh Donovan... The greatest U.S. downhill racer of all-time? My #1 favorite female racer of all-time? One of the most down-to-Earth MTB stars of all-time). The only thing I could do was apologize and tell her that I did not recognize her without her stars and stripes jersey! Unbelievable!

She was beyond cool! :clap:
    (can't say that about 90% of the celebrities I have met)

:clap: :clap: :clap:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (photo by Greg Maino)

16. Dino Brown

^^Only one person higher on my "Hero" list than Todd (his name is Andy Rut)^^

(note: Todd is tied for 2nd with two other people) :)

17. skirt_count455

skirt_count455 New Member

Thanks buddy!

and Mike, that was a killer post!

18. Fullerton Mike

Fullerton Mike I LOVE BIKES!

Sweet thanks Dino, that makes me feel real good being ties for second with Todd is a great accomplishment! I still want to at least become 1.5 how do I do it??? I will share all my phone numbers with you? Let you ride my reign? Ride my wife's jet ski??

19. lesserevilcycling

lesserevilcycling New Member

General Manager at Buena Park Bicycles
    This was my frist year at OTH and it was great. I met a lot of cool people, but hope to cheer you guys on next year for sure. No more volunteering at OTH, does this mean I have to get a job Tuesday nights now? #-o

Bummed that Manny and Brent didn't get that third place podium. But great effort nonetheless. :clap:

Thanks to Mike for the rides, and Dino for his great support. Also thanks to all the FB/BP crew and anyone who raced or helped out. :bang:

20. cow

cow Resident bovine

Some sort of computer crap