5/21 flyin B practice

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by killa Cali Kid, May 22, 2006.

1. killa Cali Kid

killa Cali Kid I meant to do that!

Hey - what were the int riders lap times yesterday. While my comp cr@pped out I am estimating 2 laps ~1:40. Looks like ride ended up quite shorter than spring classic however (w/o additional ST built yet). Took it too easy at points but man I gotta get back in shape!

2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

The trail on Saturday is how it will be for the event. The 2nd singletrack we wanted to have done, will not be. We planned to work on it this last Saturday, but instead spent 8hrs(4 people) brushing all the mustard weeds off of the existing trail.

In addition, the trail we wanted to have completed by the race, was actually going to make the climb harder, rather than easier than we were hoping for. It will however be included as part of the 6hr event in October and the Fall Classic in Nov.

mtnbikej

Per Geoladders, the course is about the same length as the Cytomax race, but we have dropped 150 ft from the total elevation. Everyone will be happy about this 18-20 hrs into the race.:clap::clap:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2006
  3. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Justin, as we rode the new s/t that wasn't complete I was thinking to myself that it did make that portion of the course more difficult than the fireroad. I was able to clean all the switchbacks but it was pretty loose and off-camber. I imagine it would get packed down with more people riding it. Seems like a good decision in my opinion to keep the original fireroad portion of that climb instead of the switchbacks.

4. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

"Jason" or "J" is good.:wave:

Keep in mind, it was a work in progress. We basically just made the initial cut for that trail. There was still quite a bit of work to get it done. We just don't have the time.

mtnbikej

5. killa Cali Kid

killa Cali Kid I meant to do that!

Ageed, hit "non complete" single track as well as I followed rider ahead of me (1st lap only). Found it pretty challenging but managed through