24 hours of Adrenaline

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Murmur, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Murmur

Murmur New Member

Partner - Sport Recon
    Anyone else going out to Idyllwild (Hurkey Creek) this weekend for the 24 hour race? I'll be there with some other geoladders guys....Team Bag Balm is the name. This is my first 24 hour event. Any advice is appreciated....namely, what to eat and what to bring in terms of spare parts (other than the obvious, tubes, etc.).

2. dirttorpeedo

dirttorpeedo drive monkey, drive!

maint. for a oversized school district
    re; extras

hey murmur i've been the mechanic for two sucsessful teams in the past.i've said it in another post,try and get a mech. so's he can cook and clean.all the extra riding gear you can get your hands on,because putting on wet clothes sucks! if you can get a 5gal. propane heater that helps dry the stuff and warm your bones.FOOD something with chicken,rice/potatoes, enegy gels,you need solid food,somehting easily digestable while racing,tent/sleeping/changing area,chain lube,TOOLS,repair stand,chain cleaner,rags,hand cleaner.oh yah SLIME TUBES for spares,i've seen super goatheads out there,i think space aliens droped them.more food uh, eggs/potatoes for breakfast,pancacks,all your camping gear,stove,pillows,wife/girlfreind (leave the nagging behind) did i forget anything? :?: maybe some ointment for chafeing?sunscreen,salt/peper for said food.pasta salad fri. nite w/tuna aahaahaaaaaaaaahhhhh. homer wake up!:D ez up for shade,maybe beer.the after race raffle is one of the best,i've won 1000.dollar camping set up,so try to stick around for it.GOOD LUCK theseare FUN,oh yah 12midniyte they have corn on the cob and movies.hope this helps.8)

3. Murmur

Murmur New Member

Partner - Sport Recon
    Too funny. Thanks for all the advice. I incorporated as much as possible. No mechanic and I got some nagging...but our team - Team Bag Balm, took 2nd in the 5-man category. We had no expectations, so we're thrilled. The wet clothes thing when it's 4am and 39 degrees really sucks. That was the worst. Great time though - I'm more exhausted than when I did the Vision Quest.

4. dirttorpeedo

dirttorpeedo drive monkey, drive!

maint. for a oversized school district
    good job man, this was your first? 24hr. seems to be more fun than regular x/c racing,how about the raffle? pretty cool yah?

5. Murmur

Murmur New Member

Partner - Sport Recon
    Sorry for the late reply....been traveling and other excuses. Thanks, and yes, this was my first 24 hr. race. The course was great. I love that place. The prizes and overall event was top notch. They put on a good one. I signed up for the 24 hrs. of OC. I'm on another 5-man, some of the same guys, some new. This time I'll be the slowest though - but not by much. We should be pretty competitive. Team Geoladders.com is the name. Doug Andrews allowed us to use it.

6. Von-Skipp

Von-Skipp FLOW

Student
    Watch out the for 'Average Homeboys' murmur!! I hear there averagness has increased...

7. Murmur

Murmur New Member

Partner - Sport Recon
    We're in the old man category (150-199 total ages), but I'm thinking we'll be pretty solid. Me, CranxOC, TRB, Koke and JERRY from geoladders is the squad...I'm the slow guy. Got my new rig today, can't wait to give it a spin. Good luck, Matt, if I don't see you before the race.