2010 Bottle Rocket Project!

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by MikeLord, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Makoto

Makoto Outdoor'ist

Nice bike. Although building is expensive, it's nice riding a bike that you've custom built. That's something that is difficult to put a price tag on. Enjoy that rig!

2. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

[​IMG]

3. RYAN E

RYAN E New Member

I'm single. I think getting 2 hours of sleep contributed to my crashes on sunday ;)

4. MikeLord

MikeLord Lost in LA

eCommerce/Technical Consultant
    Home Page:
    FINALLY got to ride the bottle rocket and I've never had so much fun riding a bike in my life! I went riding yesterday at this area that had a trail of about 7 miles of non stop rock gardens, switch backs, small climbs and some other madness where I had to walk the bike. I wasn't able to make all(most) the switchbacks cuz they were extremely tight but practice makes perfect. Now I know why all you guys are addicted to this style of riding!

I gotta make a few adjustments on the bike like the position of the brake levers, shifters but I had my suspension dialed in by josh (don't know his STR name) and I never once had to think about the bike not performing. At first I was using the rear derailleur to shift gears but I was like.. WHY AM I USING THIS! I HAVE A GOD DAMN HAMMERSCHMIDT! After I found the right ring in the rear I just used the hammer to shift gears. it was awesome cuz when i had to climb I just press the lever once and when I needed speed.. bam one click. I could not believe the hammer cuz even under some heavy load from pedaling there was no shift lag (or whatever you call it) and with the style of riding I did yesterday you don't need anything more then a high gear and a low gear. It took a little bit of getting use to the shifting of the hammer but once I had it dialed in I don't think I would ever want to stray from this system for FR/AM style of riding. I never had to worry about chain coming off cuz with the hammerschmidt design its virtually impossible for the chain to come out, one more reason why I love it!

Can't wait to go riding again!