2010 888 RC3 EVO Problems

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by bcinlas4, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

havent all of you learned that marzochhi is crap , theyre made in the same factory as the sr suntour crap. The only way i will ever ride marz again is if its given to me. And mark some of us care where the forks are breaking at rampage.

2. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Sorry unless you are riding even remotely close to the same level riding that they are then I dont see why you would be worried about for yourself. I am not saying Mazrocchi is good or anything but to base the opinion based on what some the best in the world are doing to them in the biggest event is just stupid. You can find photos of just about every single product broken under some circumstances, if it breaks under what a normal user would do then their is an issue but when the guys have gone beyond pushing the limits start breaking stuff thats to be expected IMO. I mean if they blow the engine in race car does that mean the engine in your car is crap?

3. klopchock

klopchock 51/50

Engineer
    dude, are you blind......look at the video of the dude that breaks his fork on the canyon gap.....he isnt even on the bike! he bails right before the landing. so if his bike hits the landing on its own, i would expect to see it cartwheel or something, not the fork snap in half.

4. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Yes I am blind and I dont find it funny that you would even make a joke like that about me.

5. SeanC

SeanC Active Member

This same conversation occurred over on MTBR and it got way stoopid in a hurry. I suggest taking this over there . . .

6. oldschoolpl510

oldschoolpl510 Member

Parts Guy Infiniti
    I have spoken with the Marzocchi reps, they tell me the new 888's can not stand up to the weight of an internet troll.

7. Magna_Graecia

Magna_Graecia Tapia Bunny Slayer

Translator, Monkey Boy
    This thread...just...wow...

I thought this sort of thing was the exclusive preserve of game site 360 vs PS3 holy wars...

8. klopchock

klopchock 51/50

Engineer
    360 is wayyy better!

9. simonmtb

simonmtb Digging for fun.

riding my bike and cooking dinner for the wife

The point for me is that quite a few of the absolute hardest core riders in the world chose the 888 to ride the Rampage. I am sure if they sucked as much as you are claiming, these pro riders would have chosen a different fork.
    You can't see it in this picture, but in this crash, his front wheel buckled too. It is a Saint wheelset (I think), so by your thinking, Shimano also make totally crap, failure prone parts too?

10. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

the point is i dont like where it broke where it broke its snapped in the middle of the stanchion I would like to see it bent with a cracked crown or steerer tube. The rampage stuff is big but its not super huge Ive ridden with a few local people who put those kind of stresses on bikes

11. stinkyrider

stinkyrider ....BANSHEE RIDER

burden of the state
    Okay, that was a nice debate but does anyone here actually own a 888? More specifically, a 2010 888 RC3 Evo ti?
    I'd like to get some impressions from actual owners.

12. BMeX

BMeX I push my bike up hills

Those guys at rampage don't wear enough pads and are on lightweight setups, hell, one was on a carbon fiber santa cruz.

The reason why is because they aren't thinking about crashing at all, or even landing sketchy.

Chit happens though and stuff breaks, didn't that landing break someone's leg too? Weak arguement.

13. monstertiki

monstertiki New Member

The wifi on my ps3 works better than the wifi on my 360....

14. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Keep it on topic please. If you own one of the forks in question, go ahead and help out. Otherwise don't.

Thank you.

15. RYAN E

RYAN E New Member

I have a 2010 888 Evo Ti. I bought the fork 6 months ago with the knowledge that some of the 08/09 product had issues. I decided to jump on the fork anyways, three of my closest riding buddies and teamates were riding them. So far, I couldn't be more happy with the fork. Set-up is super simple even with the RC3, preload, and volume adjustment. Coming off a 2009 boxxer and 2010 40 I was skeptical about how good these forks really were. Damm! I was so surprised on the first 10 seconds of it's first trail. It's the most supple off the top but absorbs every big hit. With the stock shim stack/works dual-stage shim stack and the option to change oil height, this fork is the most adjustable fork on the market. Why should I have a fixed amount of oil like in the Boxxer or 40? If I want more bottom out I can just have zocchi add a little more oil. What's the old saying? "Don't read a book by it's cover". This fork is amazing.

16. Nagaredama

Nagaredama New Member

Who do you think makes Rock Shox?