2010 888 RC3 EVO Problems

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by bcinlas4, Dec 20, 2009.

1. bcinlas4

bcinlas4 junior this!

Anyone heard of problems with the 2010 888 EVO's? Just got one and have heard of other people having problems with them after a couple of weeks. Any truth to this?

2. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Havent heard anything here but to be 100% honest I would not be surprised.

3. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    Big change from 2009. First year model will always have problems. Even the Boxxers had issues.

4. Ride2live32

Ride2live32 New Member

Custom Fabricator, soon to be cooking chef
    Yeah thats why im not buying them til 2011 :)

5. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

"Had" problems??????

For the OP, havent hear a thing bad about the new 888's. In fact I have heard nothing but gold. Only issues I have heard about, is no fault of the fork itself, but the fault of someone dropping the shimstack and losing what order they go in when trying to custom shim it a bit.

The general feedback I am getting from people is, that it is a more than solid fork, with a totally new and revamped bushing system allowing for better lubrication, with elss stiction and wear, same dampening system, but with better materials. Most people that I am getting the feedback from are the people that usually like to tinker around with their internals to really get what they want out of a fork, and they are finding the fork is ready out of the box, and the adjustments are allowing for a perfect setup without custom tuning.

There is a huge thread over on Ridemonkey about them, give me a few and Ill give you a link.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225598

6. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    I thought Nancy was rockin the new fixes that RockShox put out and said it was golden. Maybe not?

7. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

It was Roger and yes his 2010 Boxxer is fine now. However I believe this thread is about a Marzocchi 888. ;)

8. Dynamatt

Dynamatt Ride or Die

Prop Maker
    Home Page:
    my team mate has the EVO TI and is on month 2 with it and zero problems or complaints

9. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Im just going to sit in the corner and put my smartass hat back on now

10. Bullcrew

Bullcrew New Member

Self
    Home Page:
    agree with dmike the word is they are SOLID, Im ordering mine tuesday. YEah they are motorcross technology internals with valving that can be done by user which means we can build velocity stacks for small bump compliance and medium speed hits etc... Been doing it with my desert trucks and bilsteins for years so this is sweet!
    Apparently it rivals the feel of the super T and has all the goodness of a modern fork.

11. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Suspension tech, propulsion system tech,Space stat
    Flat at the nicest DH forks made , period. Seen them ,ridden them, taken them apart, all I can say is WOW.

12. yamahabr6

yamahabr6 New Member

I've had the 888 EVO ti For about 3 weeks now and its great. All the good things you read about it are true. Super adjustable, no problems yet. Has the best small bump sensitivity out of every fork ive ever ridden. (66ata, 66RC3, 09 Boxxer, 09 Fox 40, Fox 36, totum). Yet it will still take 15-20 foot drops First day of riding it and not bottom. Im only 160 LBS, no gear the stock spring feels a lil stiff for me but I'm going to keep it cause I would rather have that than one that's too soft. Drake at ISO tuned Rode it and liked it, he is going to take it apart and play with the shimstack after My 25 Hours of break in are done. Ill let you know how it turns out

13. stinkyrider

stinkyrider ....BANSHEE RIDER

burden of the state
    I hate to resurrect a dead thread but what's the final verdict on the 2010 Marz stuff now that's it's been out for a while?
    I would like to hear from 2010 888 owners. Supposedly all the issues with 08 and 09's have been worked out.

I'm thinking about getting a 2011 888 EVO Ti for my next DH build.
    If they're anything like my old 06 888 RC2X, then I'm sold. If not then I'm sticking with the 40.

14. klopchock

klopchock 51/50

Engineer
    dont waste your time....get a 40, toss an Elka Stage 4 cartridge in it and you will have the best fork out there.....and it wont break down every f'ckin week like a Zoke.

15. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    Seriously? You're going to recommend something that isn't even out yet and no one has any time on? And then rip on a company that has a reputation for being one of the most reliable, except for 2 model years where they sucked? LOL.

16. stinkyrider

stinkyrider ....BANSHEE RIDER

burden of the state
    Okay how about some feedback from actual 888 owners? Rather than just hear-say.

17. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

try to get ahold of dynamatt (or pretty much anyone on the rockgardn team). afaik they're all running the new zoke stuff.

I only have a few runs on a 888 RC3 ti. it was brand new, and still felt really buttery. past that, I can't really help you.

18. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

I talked to Troy (Foes) at Whistler and he was really liking his.

19. klopchock

klopchock 51/50

Engineer

yeah....SERIOUSLY!

a- Elka is a great company with an even better rep....not to mention CS-wise they blow Zoke out of the water.
    b- their Stage 5 is by far the best rear shock out there...field proven/reliable!....right alongside the CCDB in terms of quality.
    c- the Stage 4 cartridge IS out....orders are being taken as we speak and mine is already in the mail.
    d- if the Stage 4 is anything like the Stage 5, I'm not worried about it.

20. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    lol. marzocchi had a great reputation until their 08/09 models came out. people bought 08/09 stuff based on that reputation.

elka came out with a decent shock at best. you can find as many people that hate the shock as you can that love the shock. no way does it have as good of following as the ccdb or avalanche.

so basically you have your cartridge in the mail but have zero hours on it, and i have heard of no real world reviews of it. but hey, it says elka on it, so it has to be good.

to the op, from everything i've read, there have been no major issues and the new chassis is solid and durable. may i add another option into the mix? how about a 2010 boxxer race with an avalanche cartridge? the cartridge is already out in large numbers and real world reviews are already out there. the new boxxer chassis is solid and the avy cartridge has universal positive reviews and its custom tuned for you.