2007 Bionicon Golden Willow Frameset/Fork/Stem

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by Cowgirl, Jan 28, 2008.

1. TrailJesus

TrailJesus New Member

student
    I think it was a Golden Willow that bucked off a fellow STR rider down chutes on Saturdays demo ride. He endo'd on either a sandy or ruty section. Definition of ruty: An area consisting of many ruts. :lol:

2. 1FG rider

1FG rider The G is for Gear

Its a secret...
    That was probably me. Ribs are still sore but only when I breath :rolleyes:. Bike looks heavy and complicated, although it was actually pretty light and easy to pedal on the climbs and really plush on the downhills. I was starting to get comfortable with the bike and going pretty fast when I hit a rut or tapped the front brake and took a good tumble. Impressive bike, but adding another one to my stable plus the big chunk out of the bank account might make the wife suspicious.:-k

3. kanga

kanga Active Member

Those formula brakes are pretty strong and grabby! I've seen a couple of people hit the front brake like they would on their own bike and go OTB, not expecting the force. The good thing about them is that they do not fade... they're consistently strong at the top of a descent, and all the way to the bottom.

The bikes do just float downhill with all that travel and slack geometry, way faster than what I had been on before. So much so that I scared myself pretty quickly after getting mine and my first purchase, about two weeks after I got the Edison.... a Dainese full body armor.

I hear ya on the bank account...