2003 specialized sx

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by byker4christ, Feb 18, 2010.

1. byker4christ

byker4christ New Member

sales associate at performance fountain valley
    does anyone have any personal experience riding a specialized sx (4x/DS model). its the one with 3.5-4.5 inches of travel. im looking to build it up for 4x and ds but also want to use it as a trail bike. i have the chance to get a 2003 frame with a coil shock for a good price i just want to get some feed back on it. also some advice on what i should build it up with. i was thinking about going with x-fusion velvet and shock and i already have some mavic 321 rims.

2. mrk_d

mrk_d New Member

I had one for a while, it was built up with an old Z.1. I really liked the bike, and I actually rode a buddy's recently on a 10-15 mile XC type ride. It felt pretty good even compared to more modern bikes. I say go for it!

3. byker4christ

byker4christ New Member

sales associate at performance fountain valley
    mrk d thanks for the input. for anyone else that wants to help me out i can also get an orange missile for a little more then the sx frame. any ideas? whould i bee looking for somethign else? i have 500 right now and want to get as much bike as i can. mostly frame and fork

4. mrk_d

mrk_d New Member

The SX is a WAY more versatile frame than the MsIsle, especially since they're so beefy and overbuilt...again just IMO! Good luck deciding.