Race Report 12 hours of Temecula #2

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Cosmo64, Jun 5, 2011.

1. shudder

shudder no big deal

Sr. Systems Administrator - Disney Animation
    Home Page:
    Shit yeah!!

- shud

2. GeoMan

GeoMan New Member

12 Hours of Temecula is the best 12 Hour event I ever attended. The venue is perfect, event was well organized, trail is challenging and the attendees are the coolest people. Many thanks to Dino for support as I came through the pits, it's so much easier to have someone hand you a bottle and refuse to let you stop to chat between laps, probably good since I had no idea that Aosty was chasing me all day long.

The course was excellent for a 12 hour event, the switchback climbs got really tough on a singlespeed later in the day and the switchback descents got more technical as the trail got churned up. Overall it was a very rideable course and the cooling breeze up on the ridgelines was a pleasant reward after a tough climb. The June event is basically all daylight riding unless you went out after 8pm for another lap, after 12,600 feet of climbing my legs were tired and I was happy to finish at 7.55 pm rather than try and do a 12th lap in under 65 minutes in the dark, congrats to those team guys that went out after 8.10pm and got back in by 9pm.

I got to hang out with Dino, Krunner44, Hotchkiss and meet other STR crew members Aosty, Impy and Cam. Great job out there everyone who competed, this is definitely an event to attend. Thanks again to Dino for support and putting my kids to work on the cowbell and bottle handoffs. This would be an awesome venue for a 24 Hour event, it has all the ingredients; just a thought.

3. PassatBoy101

PassatBoy101 New Member

Giant Sales / Student
    For future races and event photos stay tuned to PinkShortsPhotography's Facebook page for updates. A Family member has started the site and will be attending a lot of the mountain bike events, mud runs and some road races throughout Southern California. She updates it with the new photos and the events she will be attending.

Enjoy and see you at the races.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pink-Shorts-Photography/162679427122916?sk=wall

4. socal_eric

socal_eric New Member

Computer stuff
    I've been reading the forums on and off for a few years but never really posted before. This was my first 12 hour race and my body and bike took a beating but it was pretty fun. Would have been better if I hadn't had to work a graveyard shift that night/morning and take a multiple-hour mid-day nap, but maybe next time I'll try to get an extra day off (as well as work on my endurance and riding skills a little more). I think I was last one out and last one in.

It was a really nice mix for the course and a great event. Thanks to everyone who helped put this together.

5. aosty

aosty New Member

Thanks again Dino! We certainly couldn't have done it without you! You sure had a lot of podium finishers in your pit.... what were you putting in our bottles? :lol: :-k

Hotchkiss, Krunner, & Geoman.... nice meeting you kids!

Kam... great to see ya... it had been too long.

(P.S. Yea yea, delayed reply... catching up on STR 8-[)

6. aosty

aosty New Member

Oh ya, Dino... owe ya a ride in the San Gabes... let's do it in a few weeks!