"12 Hours Of Temecula #2" June 9th 2012

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by ranoaclan, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranoaclan

ranoaclan New Member

The 2nd edition for 2012 is right around the corner and the competition is on! The course profile is GPS'd and up on the site. We are ready to rock!
    For all the latest and greatest go to
    www.socalendurance.com

2. TreeTopMike

TreeTopMike New Member

Yeah baby!! I was out there last weekend and things were schweet!! Flame on!

3. RPMTB

RPMTB New Member

Doing the 12 hour of Temecula in June for the first time with 2 others as a team. What works best as far as splitting up the riding time. I have never done any endurance racing as a team, just solo. How many laps in a row for each person until you switch riders. Thanks for the help in advance.

4. oskin100

oskin100 Member

Finish Caprnenter
    When I did it on teams I've found that for me personally 2 laps in a row worked best. Especially with a 2 man team. With 50 +/- minute lap times you don't get much time off your bike to recover. Once night time came or we hit the 10 hour mark we did go every other lap in order to try to keep the freshest guy out there. Good luck.

5. XcShane

XcShane Member

Thanks for the updated course. Looking forward to it! Heading there with 4 3-man teams.

Our goal: just have a rockin' time!

6. pinnacle10

pinnacle10 Member

Teacher
    Home Page:
    I've usually been on 3-4 man teams and we've always done 1 lap at a time. With a 2 man team I could see doubling up on laps during the middle of the day, I believe that's what we did the 1 time I was on a 2 man team.

7. Zulu

Zulu New Member

For a 3 person team its best to go one lap at a time. If you guys are fast and do laps just under one hour each that gives you 2 to recover and be ready to hammer. Also we have done 2 laps each rider for their first lap followed by one lap each after for the remaining laps.
    Watch out for those DonBike guys they are faster then you think.
    The best advice is to go out and have fun, its a great group of people that put on the event and all the riders are there to ride and enjoy the experence.

8. Spartticus

Spartticus Member

Last year my buddy and I did all 3 races as a 2 man team. We each did 1 lap, relay style averaging between 45-55 minute laps depending on course & time of day/night. The benefit of 1 lap only is that you can really peg that one lap, keeping the HR and power output high, whereas you might have to limit it a bit if doing 2 laps at a time. The negative being that the "rest" period isn't long at all when you consider the time it takes to pedal back to your tent, refuel/hydrate, lube your bike, sort clothing and lighting, etc. Then you're right back at it! The other odd thing I found w/ the 2 man team is that there isn't much camaraderie in that you really only say a couple of words to your teammate between laps at the baton hand-off related to lap times, rankings, and nutrition/health. Only until the very end of race can you enjoy the shared experience, comparing race notes over a beer or two. :beer:

I think I'll be doing the 6hr this time but would like to do a 3 or 4 person team in the future that way there's good interaction with friends between laps. It's supposed to be fun, right!!!

9. MnMDan

MnMDan Member

Thread Bump....and remember the staging area is @ Merlot Mesa, not adjacent to the pool.

10. Gunny Bing

Gunny Bing New Member

USMC
    Looking forward to this! Last mountain bike ride in SoCal. Off to Okinawa Japan for three years. I will have to turn into a full time roadie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.