"12 Hours Of Temecula" 10-30-2008 update

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by ranoaclan, Oct 30, 2008.

1. ranoaclan

ranoaclan New Member

Hey Guys just an update on the current state of affairs for the Nov 15th 12 Hour Race.
    We would like to welcome Chumba Bikes on board for the vender / demo setup. It is a pleasure to have another local bike manufacturer supporting our little race series.:clap: For more tech info check out www.chumbaracing.com
    EZ-UP one of our major partners and contributers will be on hand to show off the latest and greatest inthe Ez-Up lineup. Ez-Up will be offering a 15-20% discount on all shelters at the race. If you were considering a custom shelter for the 2009 season I suggest making your way to Ez-up tent and striking up a deal! for more info on Ez-up products check out www.ezupdirect.com
    We are also experiencing a little issue with preriding on the weekend of Nov 8th. Vail Lake will be opening thier new down hill trails that weekend. What that means to us is the the main connector trail (The upper fireroads and the Ambulance climb ) will be closed to bikes. There will be shuttle trucks up and down the fireroads. The best time to preride will be during the week. I will be marking the trails on Monday Nov 10th.
    This race is shaping up to be the largest mountain bike gathering SoCal has seen in a long time. I am very excited to be a part of the fun! Check out the website for more Info!!!!
    www.12hrsoftemecula.com

2. JahSoldier

JahSoldier New Member

Solo question

First time I'll be riding solo...and I don't have a support person.

Is there a "solo pit" area close by the transition area?
    Can I stash a cooler and gear bag there?

Thanks

3. 1x1clyde

1x1clyde Inspired by SSer's

Sales and marketing
    Solo pits are just beyond the start/finish area by the pool on your way back onto the course.
    Recommendation is to get there early and "claim" some grass or see if you can share a spot with other soloists.
    Good luck!

4. kona619

kona619 New Member

I'm stoked on the race! Got a couple teams ready to go :)

5. EC1

EC1 New Member

hey everyone, wanted to touch on Jason's post here......

if you don't know i will be running an event the 8th and 9th of November.

Vail lake as the bike park and resort will not be opening the DH trails....PCA (my race promotion company) will be using a trail that will be part of the bike park in the future,

we will also be using a portion of another DH trail to be part of the future park in the Super D.....the trails are in good enough shape to use for this event but are not ready for the impact of a bike park opening until we have substantial rain and we can compact the dirt.

as a result of the event a portion of the park, and trails will be closed.

we will be closing the road at the top of the Damn climb heading west, trails west of Marine core, and anything west of the go cart track....if you run a straight line from the top of Damn climb to the go cart track..everything west is closed, everything east is open.

i apologize for any inconvenience that is caused by the trails being closed, but it is in the best interest of all for safety reasons...we will be having shuttle trucks on the roads as well as racers on a number of the trails either doing the DH or Super D or the racers and chasers XC event, the whole gravity park was scheduled to open this weekend but is not ready, the resort is using this race as a way to give riders a peak at the potential of the gravity park.

i have seen a number of riders out pre riding the 12 hour course the past couple weeks and if its any indication of the numbers it looks like you guys will be having a big event on the 14th and 15th...good luck and have fun