+1 for Sho-Air (braaaap)

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Kid A, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
    World Superbike champion Ben Bostrom has joined the Sho-Air professional mountain bike race team for 2009. The Yamaha pro, who dominated domestic and international motorcycle racing through much of this decade, will race the 2009 Sea Otter Classic and the 24 Hours of Moab for the Southern California-based Sho-Air team in the pro category. He will jump in other mountain bike races as his motorcycle racing schedule allows.

“For years people tried to get me to ride mountain bikes," Bostrom said. "But I had absolutely zero interest. Then my brother Eric and some friends asked me if I'd race the 24 Hours of Moab with them — I finished that and was hooked! Since then I got a better bike, raced 24 hours solo, started racing cyclocross, which is like racing road bikes on dirt, and now I've hooked up with this awesome team."

Bostrom joins the Sho-Air cross-country squad of Sid Taberlay, Manny Prado and Sam Jurekovic. Also on the Sho-Air cross-country squad is former motocross great Johnny O’Mara.

"It's great to have another motorcycle champion join the Sho-Air Racing Team," said Scott Tedro, President of Sho-Air International.

2. vlad

vlad Montrose Bike Shop

Home Page:
    Scott Tedro is doing allot for mountain biking and the cycling business all together. Looking forward to the US Cup next year!

Go ShoAir and God Bless Scott!

3. Nagaredama

Nagaredama New Member

The Bostroms are even cooler than I thought.

4. lukewiens

lukewiens New Member

cool guy and super fast! had a chance to talk to him while trying to chase him down in the last 12 hour race...15 minutes off his pace!

up damn climb he said it was his last mountain bike race...must be starting the superbike season, my guess?

5. protijy

protijy Bean Town Bonehead

Mech Engineer
    Home Page:

I thought that too after my 4th time up the climb..... but I was thinking for ever! :lol:

Good stuff he can def bring more visibility to the vail lake series :bang:

6. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

He was racing cross on Sunday?