04 DJ II Travel Adjustment?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Flat Broke, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Flat Broke

Flat Broke Bikes don't kill bunnies

Jack of all trades, master of some
    According to Marzocchi's site, the 04 DJ2 can be adjusted to 150mm by adjusting either the rod or cardtridges. Anyone have an idea of how to accomplish this? I thought the OEM models from that year were at 130mm, but I'd be interested in how to make the change, either way. Just to see what the increase in length would do to my HA. Plus since the DJs aren't all that great for slow speed/small bump stuff (not wat it was built for) I was figuring that if I could run a little more travel, I could try a little less preload and that might help out.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

2. i am dino

i am dino Guest

When you got the bike or fork, did it come with a really long allen wrench looking "tool"? My old Marz MX Comp (piece of shit that came on my enduro) came with that wrench. You can use it to adjust something on the inside of the fork to increase or decrease the travel (I think). I never did use it though. Have you looked to see if there are downloadable instructions on Marzocchi's site?

3. Flat Broke

Flat Broke Bikes don't kill bunnies

Jack of all trades, master of some
    The long allen is for the internal rebound adjustment on the DJII. I hit up Marzocchi's site, and for 06 they offer a kit, but for 04 the site reads as:

For the Model Year 2004 there are no travel change kit, but it's possible to change the travel as for in the following table modifying the dumping rod or the cartridges. For any further information please contact our distributor for your area.

ModelTravel extensionTravel reductionDJ1-2-3from 110 to 130from 130 to 110DJ2 from 110 to 150from 150 to 110DJ2 from 130 to 150from 150 to 130
    I was all over the rest of the site trying to even find the travel kit for the other years to get an idea of what was involved, but no luck. I'll give a call to my lbs to see what they might know about it.

Thanks,
    Chris