Zym Anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lefty Kev, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Lefty Kev

Lefty Kev Exiled Brit

small business owner
    I just bought a new hydration/energy product called ZYM, a portable electrolyte supplement that a young mountain biker at Performance Bicycle swears by. It's a tablet that dissolves in 16 oz of water and comes in two versions. I bought the Catapult (berry flavor) that is supposed to significantly reduce fatigue. It contains 100mg of Guarana (a natural form of caffeine), zero sugar or carbs and just 4 calories per serving).

Anyway, I read through the info on their site and plan to try this product when I ride tomorrow but was wondering if anyone on STR could give me the skinny on it :beer:

2. art23rockpile

art23rockpile Minus Delta T

Cabinet/Furniture/Door Maker
    Although i'm not a nutritional expert, I can say that Guarana is not a "natural form" of caffeine. It is a natural stimulant and one of the main ingredients in "energy" drinks like Red Bull, Monster, Rockstar, etc.
    Me, I wouldn't be running stims in my water while riding. I have gels/etc with caffeine i take separately when needing a boost.

3. Lefty Kev

Lefty Kev Exiled Brit

small business owner
    Yeah, after I posted, I noticed that my lo-carb Monster Energy has Guarana in it ;)

4. Livepe

Livepe New Member

I got a free sample of this and tried it when I was falling asleep in a training class at work. I loved it! Really worked for me. Have not tried it on the bike. Normally OK on the bike but I am keeping it for work. I had the Berry, really good.

Teri

5. Lefty Kev

Lefty Kev Exiled Brit

small business owner
    If it was able to keep you awake during a training class at work, it should definitely help with my ride :lol: