Yucaips Rider Named Ron

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by DirtymikeTDB, Jan 1, 2010.

1. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Lives over off Bryant st.

If anyone knows him, please post an update as to his condition. Our group was riding up Morton's peak road and his group was decending. He went down super hard, his front wheel came off at full speed. From what I learned in first responders, I know he has a major concusion<helmet litterally saved his life>, extremly deep lacerations in his upper lip going all the way through the lip, one going all the way into the nose, possible/likely broken jaw, and looks as if he bit through his tongue.

Again he wasnt with our group, but we stopped and helped to get him to transport that was either going straight to the ER, or meetin up with an ambulance.

Please if anyone knows him, give me an update to his condition

2. WoodyW

WoodyW Member

older guy or younger guy? Riding an Ellsworth?

3. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Older guy, Mid to late fourties I would guess, maybe<strecthing> early fifties.....Not sure what kind of bike it was, hardtail, what was left of the fork looked like a JudyTT. Was a little more worried about helping the guy over what kind of bike he had

ON a side note, there is currently a mising front wheel somewhere on the mortons peak road/off the side....... No one could ever find it.

4. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Got an update from Rons riding partner today. Spent five hours in surgery last night to stop bleeding. 500 plus stiches. Will be required facial reconstruction surgery overall. Later found he does in fact have two fractured vertabrae, c4 and c6. Think tommorrow I will head over to Loma Linda and go check on him myself, and give a proper introduction.

5. Congo Kid

Congo Kid Middle Aged Wannabe MTB'r

Commercial Real Estate Executive

Methinks it's time to seriously consider buying a MET helmet - save my face/jaw/teeth in a wicked fall.

Jeff