yucaipa, redlands and mentone riders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nailknot, Jan 17, 2011.

1. nailknot

nailknot Member

destruction of material
    Does any of the locals know what is being built in the wash west of the ranger station off of Hwy 38?

On my way past the Mill Creek ranger station noticed some heavy equipment clearing lots of rocks wiping out the trails that run close to Hwy 38. There is also lots of rodent fencing to keep the critters out during construction.

If you have some news, post it up.

2. lesper4

lesper4 Member

Project Manager
    I drove by there two weeks ago. It looks like the land is already graded for home lots. Maybe they are remobilizing.

3. nailknot

nailknot Member

destruction of material
    Found out from a reliable source that they are installing a pipeline to feed the reservoir in Crafton Hills. It looks like they will be taking out some of the lower trails as the project progresses.

Lesper, fortunately for us that entire area, north of 38 and west of the ranger station is considered a flood plain so houses should never be built there. If you're referring to the graded subdivision on the south side of 38 that area has been dormant for a few years. I am sure once the housing market turns around they will start building in there

4. WoodyW

WoodyW Member

Time to break out he shovels and re-route some of the middle of the wash trails. There's plenty of room there to push in a little further and reconnect it.

5. Field

Field Intense Spider 27.5

I.T. Stuff
    Road up it today from Redlands, saw an old trail that looks like it might be a good re-route.. I marked it with two rocks and a burned log... I didn’t have time to follow it all the way up..

6. jankie matt

jankie matt New Member

I'm down to help, I seen that about a mouth ago trail was gone from about Bryant to the bee boxes.