XC Racing in San Diego? No way!

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by gest24, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinoy7

pinoy7 Member

Registered!

2. gest24

gest24 "Factory"

Helicopter Mechanic for the USN
    We are trying to put together a trip down there this weekend to do some trail work/pre ride and map/video walk through. Hopefully mother nature will cooperate with us and we can get things perfect for you guys.

3. gest24

gest24 "Factory"

The rain has come and made the trails great for everyone to enjoy! The return of mountain bike racing to the San Diego Velodrome is creating quite the buzz and the excitement is building! The weather next weekend is looking to be the perfect San Diego weather we all enjoy so much!
    Pictures from the movie premier have been posted on our website under the photo page http://www.racersandchasers.com/Photos.php. Be sure to see who came out dressed to impress!!

Come out to have a great time with the family and enjoy some great riding on a fun course. We are incorporating in all of the great trails that we can at the velodrome to insure the best riding!

We also will have several bike manufactures on hand to show off their new products as well as let you demo them! The vendors area is growing daily with exciting products to show you!

This is a very exciting race for all of us as we are so glad to bring racing back to San Diego. Register online http://www.racersandchasers.com to save time from standing in line on Saturday December 19th.

4. gest24

gest24 "Factory"

With the past rain the trails are great at the San Diego Velodrome for the December 19th Urban XC! I got the chance to again ride the race course and it will be a great time for all. I have made a new course map to reflect the recent changes and it can be found on the upcoming events page. The weather is looking great for the weekend so grab the family and join us for a great time!

With online registration already extremely high we will be incorporating in some sort of a parade lap to allow all of the riders to get sorted out before entering the amazingly fun single track!

Our vendor's area is going to be huge with bike manufactures such as Ellsworth, Specialized, and Siren bicycles showing up. Look for other great bicycle accessories companies to be out in full force as well as some other non industry supporters. We will even have Donovan Cycling Services on site to work on your bikes and help you out with any last minute needs.

Onsite registration will be open at 6:30 AM Saturday December 19th morning and we will only be accepting cash and checks on site. We are expecting a HUGE turnout for this event so please register online early to save time Saturday morning.

Looking forward to the great weather and great riding this weekend!

Robert Herber

5. gest24

gest24 "Factory"

The time has come and the stage is set to have a great time on our bicycles at the San Diego Velodrome. Saturday December 19th is going to be the first time in a long time that mountain bike racing will be at the Velodrome. The trails are in great condition and the weather is perfect!

The vendor's expo is going to be huge! We have bike manufactures, energy drinks, photographers, jewelry, and lots of bike accessory companies that have all committed to being there to support you! We will even be having a film crew filming the race as well as 3 photographers there to make sure they capture your great racing faces!

6:30 am Onsite Registration opens

8:30 am Onsite Registration closes

9 am Pro/Expert race starts, 9:01 Sport wave starts, 9:02 Beginners start.

Huge product raffle and awards will be after the races. Kids race will be just before the awards.

We have been having a huge turnout for online registration and we are expecting huge numbers on Saturday. Please help us ensure an on time start by registering online and be sure to tell your friends!

With all of the excitement surrounding this event we are looking forward to a great time with all of you! So come out and enjoy your last chance of this year to race your MTN bike in San Diego!!!

Thanks for joining us and registering online

6. pinoy7

pinoy7 Member

Do I need to bring my Paypal receipt? ;-)

7. emfc

emfc Don't taze me bro

Military

I'm bringing mine, just in case

8. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    You should get rid of the age groups and just have beginner, sport, expert. Sure, getting a price for getting top 5 is great, but if everyone walks away with a medal, it doesn't really mean as much. I race for the fierce competition and while I do want to win, I want to feel like I deserved the medal for winning, not that I just got it because there were only 3 people in my category.

9. gest24

gest24 "Factory"

Tomorrow is the big day! We have 95 in the pre-reg! This is going to big a super event for everyone!

10. Brendanc

Brendanc Uphill Hucker

bike guy
    Finally ready- we're bringing a nice assortment of fresh frames & bikes to show off tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to seeing this event & the new venue.

11. jonathan_sykes81

jonathan_sykes81 GET FORMULA

Military
    Look for me and say hi. I'll be wearing the Hammer kit. Stoked about racing so close to home.

12. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.